Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More than ever - SCHOOL CHOICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Perhaps because the school won't let you teach the pupils that the stars are carried by angels.
    1) My subject was Swedish and German
    2) I did not believe that (nor very much deny that) in 1995.

If they had trouble with me it was more like some parents (both Evangelical and Commie) complained about my being a "fanatic" (probably in their wording and view) Catholic, and the fact I was seen as disciplinarian and German (you know what that combination means to some?)
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

• Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
      Get it why I am not going back to teaching ...?
      I hope it wasn't math or science.

Comment

1) My subject was Swedish and German
        2) I did not believe that (nor very much deny that) in 1995.

If they had trouble with me it was more like some parents (both Evangelical and Commie) complained about my being a "fanatic" (probably in their wording and view) Catholic, and the fact I was seen as disciplinarian and German (you know what that combination means to some?)
        I am half German on my mother's side. From around Augsburg. I still go over there every couple of years to visit my half-sister who lives there.

Comment

But which pressure makes one suffer depends on which home one comes from.

Forcing Christian children to go to secular schools ... how would you feel if secular children were forced to attend Catholic confessional schools?
          Secular ≠ atheist. In secular schools (when done properly), no religious belief is favored or disfavored over another. So it's not really the same thing.
          Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I hope it wasn't math or science.
            It was once in a while.

I demonstrated how sound "is" (I would now say "is/is accompanied by") vibrations by using a tuning fork and corrected one who had been getting the wrong answer for the area of the solid parts of door, since instead of calculating a rectangular door with a round hole, he had calculated a round door with a ... sorry, an elliptic door with a square hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
              Secular ≠ atheist. In secular schools (when done properly), no religious belief is favored or disfavored over another. So it's not really the same thing.
              There are other cultural versions of secularism than just atheism.

Comment