Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheist Mega Churches

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When you think about it, a lot of atheists are just as centered around God as Christians are. They spend their entire lives obsessed with religion, while denying God. They lecture about religion, write books, hang out on theology forums like this, and now even start churches. They are desperate for God yet can't admit it. So they hang around the outside of the camp, trying to imitate religion, while having sour grapes about the whole thing.

When I dont believe in something I just ignore it. I dont hang around UFO or Bigfoot forums, or write books about them, or start clubs that deny UFOs or Bigfoot.

how many anti-unicornists do you see?
    Last edited by Sparko; 08-13-2016 at 03:28 PM.

2. Amen Jedidiah, lilpixieofterror amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheism always seemed to me like an existential crisis. They need help but are to afraid and or to stubborn to ask God for the help they need.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sparko I think you and me have a similiar hypothesis.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    When you think about it, a lot of atheists are just as centered around God as Christians are. They spend their entire lives obsessed with religion, while denying God. They lecture about religion, write books, hang out on theology forums like this, and now even start churches. They are desperate for God yet can't admit it. So they hang around the outside of the camp, trying to imitate religion, while having sour grapes about the whole thing.

When I dont believe in something I just ignore it. I dont hang around UFO or Bigfoot forums, or write books about them, or start clubs that deny UFOs or Bigfoot.

Yeah, when you see the "atheists" who spend large amounts of time on our website fighting Christians.... sheeesh

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

I don't disagree with you. But I think this is just another way for God to be mocked by unbelievers. Especially when they say they want ways to engage with the community in a faith dominated landscape. The landscape is anything BUT faith dominated. The landscape is totally ruled by unbelief.

They are sad because they are blind and lost, but I don't think they are seeking God by starting up their own "churches".

They could likely go to any mega-"church" like that run by Osteen or Warren and find community and the same level of unbelief. Just couched in less palatable terms to their ears.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I remember how in the weeks leading up to me becoming a christian I became obsessed with trying to prove it wrong. Oh boy. Old and new testament history sure showed me.

8. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I think they are mocking Christians.
    I think it's all about the almighty dollar -- they can't defeat (so far) the tax exempt status of the Church, so they're going after "us too".

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

10. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think they are just afraid and rather than accepting a helping hand they want to sulk miserably while desperatly disparingly hoping to find someone who can show them answers.
    They fear God because hus existance makes them feel vulnerable. They try to hide this vulnerability by using "logic" or "cosmology" or as Uncle screwtape would put it "Jargon dear boy. Jargon is our ally".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think they are in pain. Something about God hurt them. They lash back and they tangle themselves in existential barb wire.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I think they are in pain. Something about God hurt them. They lash back and they tangle themselves in existential barb wire.
    I got slapped on the hand once by a Lutheran sunday school worker in Lutheran Vacation Bible School. I was 6 or 7 years old. I hated Lutherans!

(Then, probably because God has a sense of humor, I met the girl of my dreams and married her -- and, yeah, she was a Lutheran )

14. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.