Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Pears!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pears!!!!

Dang, these things are tasty!

It had been years since I ate a fresh pear. The other day the Salvation Army store had a whole box they were giving away free. I took several and left them on my desk to ripen a bit.

Thursday I chopped up a couple - oh, man! I'd forgotten how good fresh pears were! I mean, other than the little chunks in fruit cocktail, I haven't had much in the way of pears.

So, anyone got any good recipes?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Which are your favorites? Bartletts? Anjou? Bosc? Or one of the more esoteric varieties like Asian or Donut?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Bartletts - but I intend to do some additional research!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I believe I only had Bartletts...
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I have two more on my desk that aren't Bartletts but I don't recognize them

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I like Bartletts best followed by Anjou, Donut, Bosc and Asian.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              I have two more on my desk that aren't Bartletts but I don't recognize them
              What do they look like?

Comment

They look like round apples only in a dark pear green.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  They look like round apples only in a dark pear green.
                  Sounds like the Asian pear although they're usually brown with tiny bumps

34-AsianPearsTropical.jpg

Comment

That's it, I think.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My mom likes pears a lot. When I lived at home she would buy pears and slurp so much I wanted to punch a hole into the wall. As a result, I do not eat pears even though I don't dislike the taste or texture.

I have issues with the sound of people eating.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                        My mom likes pears a lot. When I lived at home she would buy pears and slurp so much I wanted to punch a hole into the wall. As a result, I do not eat pears even though I don't dislike the taste or texture.

I have issues with the sound of people eating.
                        I think that had more to do about your mom's eating habits than pears.

Comment

I don't like pears. There is something strange about the texture of them. I like the taste, but can't get past the texture.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They are grainy compared to apples.

But they taste great!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment