Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The oldest known pyramid in the world is found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The oldest known pyramid in the world is found!

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3741937/Scientists-discover-known-pyramid-Kazakhstan-structure-built-1-000-years-Egypt-s-similar-tomb-

World's first pyramid... in KAZAKHSTAN: Scientists discover tomb structure was built 1,000 years BEFORE those in Egypt

A previously unknown Egyptian-style pyramid has been found in a remote area of the Kazakhstan steppe some 3,900 miles northeast of Cairo.

The structure is now substantially in ruins but it is believed that it was a lookalike of the famous Pyramid of Djoser in Egypt, and built around 1,000 years earlier.

Archeologists discovered it last year but until now have kept their 'sensational find' under wraps.

The bronze era pyramid found in Kazakhstan and the famous Egyptian Pyramid of Djoser the new find was said to look like when it was built 1000 years earlier Scientists are due to explore the unopened burial chamber of the pyramid complex 'within days'.

'It was built more than 3,000 years ago in Saryarke for a local 'pharaoh', a leader of a local mighty tribe dating to late Bronze epoch,' said archeologist Viktor Novozhenov.
    'Work on opening the main burial chamber will begin within days.

© Copyright Original Source

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-similar-tomb-
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Odd that such a discovery has at this point only been covered in the Daily Mail

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They rebuilt it, and now it looks brand new!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting that something built 3,000 years ago is 1,000 years older than another building constructed in 2700 BC.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Interesting that something built 3,000 years ago is 1,000 years older than another building constructed in 2700 BC.
          It's the new math.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is it older than the pyramid on the one dollar bill? With the Eye of Sauron?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Is it older than the pyramid on the one dollar bill? With the Eye of Sauron?
              The pyramid on the dollar bill is the most ancient symbol of worship of pyramids. Do not look to closely at the Eye of Sauron (Providence? a one eyed God?) to long, or you will be possessed by it's power of the illuminati.

The finding of the pyramid will probably induce a dozen pulp conspiracy books on the powers of pyramids.
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                The pyramid on the dollar bill is the most ancient symbol of worship of pyramids. Do not look to closely at the Eye of Sauron (Providence? a one eyed God?) to long, or you will be possessed by it's power of the illuminati.

The finding of the pyramid will probably induce a dozen pulp conspiracy books on the powers of pyramids.
                There's this one conspiracy that says that staring at that pyramid too long can cause a person to use "to" when they mean "too", two times in one post, even!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  There's this one conspiracy that says that staring at that pyramid too long can cause a person to use "to" when they mean "too", two times in one post, even!
                  It is nice and comforting to have an anal grammarian around, but not meaningful.

Frank

Comment

It is nice and comforting to have an anal grammarian around, but not meaningful.
                    It's always interesting to me how such 'educated' people can continually make such basic errors in grammar.

It's a character fault of mine - embrace it.

Comment

To + too = tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        It's always interesting to me how such 'educated' people can continually make such basic errors in grammar.

It's a character fault of mine - embrace it.
                        I consider it trivial pursuit. Part of it is was raised in Latin America mostly until 1967, as Spanish my first language. In my high school my brother and I were the only two Americans. Not an excuse, just a fact. I did have difficulty with college English, but was stellar in most other disciplines such as the sciences, math and even English literature.

It is probably true that many educated people have flawed English, just as most doctors have bad handwriting. Thank God for computers to generate prescriptions.

Frank

Comment

I consider it trivial pursuit.
                          Sheeeesh! Are you ALWAYS such a grumpy old fart?

Comment