Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.17

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    What me worry?
    Shalom!

“Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.” Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear.” (Luke 12:21–22, NLT)

This morning when I read the above scripture my first reaction was, “Someone who would say something like that never worried a day in their life.” And you know what? I was right! Jesus could say that because of the richness of His relationship with the Father. Then I found myself envious of Jesus because I want what He had, I want the same rich relationship He had with Father.

Jesus knew what worry was about and He knew what it would do because like us He lived among a people who worried. He witnessed firsthand how worry shifted a person’s relationship from the Father to themselves. He watched as people He loved became so entangled in the everyday affairs of living it choked the life out of them. Jesus knew worry was like a cat burglar so he told people, “A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I came to give life—life in all its fullness.” (John 10:10, NCV)

I know we’re not suppose to envy anyone but deep in my heart I don’t think Jesus would mind if we sought the rich relationship He had with the Father for ourselves after all didn’t he say, “I came to give life—life in all its fullness.” And with my simple way of thinking He was saying, “I want to give you what I have.” We humans relate a life without worry as a life without the many sources of worry and we know that is impossible but what is possible is wrapping ourselves in faith and working alongside the Father doing our best under difficult circumstances so the sources of worry can become stepping stones to a richer relationship with the Father, ourselves, and those around us.

Not to worry does not mean to be worry free… It means wrapping God around your life and believing in your relationship with Him…

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X