Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Now and the past. The future is always not yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now and the past. The future is always not yet.

Everywhere there is a now. But everything else to a now is in a past. The future is alway what not yet.

There is a current view of space-time that past, present and future co-exist. In theology that is true, in a sense, for God alone.

The future does not yet exist for anything in our physical reality. There is only now. The speed of light and space, a distance between events, defines what past [nows] are in our now.

My now is in your immediate past, your now, for me, will be in my not yet immediate future.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    Everywhere there is a now. But everything else to a now is in a past. The future is alway what not yet.

There is a current view of space-time that past, present and future co-exist. In theology that is true, in a sense, for God alone.

The future does not yet exist for anything in our physical reality. There is only now. The speed of light and space, a distance between events, defines what past [nows] are in our now.

My now is in your immediate past, your now, for me, will be in my not yet immediate future.
    Not clear, needs more explanation.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

What specifically is not understandable as to what is meant.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

This is a concept of time from the anecdotal perspective of an individual. I do not consider it an objective view of time.

I was curious as to why you are presenting this view of time and your purpose? This needs to be clarified.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          This is a concept of time from the anecdotal perspective of an individual. I do not consider it an objective view of time.

I was curious as to why you are presenting this view of time and your purpose? This needs to be clarified.
          It is from the perspective that truth is absolute. Truth being immutable to be truth. Hence the future is not yet. QM not having an arrow of time does not negate there being one way arrow for time.

In space time everything is in the past to any one thing.
          Last edited by 37818; 08-20-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Time exists so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Space exists so that everything doesn't happen to you.
            "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

It is from the perspective that truth is absolute. Truth being immutable to be truth.
              I have no problem with the absolute truth existing. If God exists it resides with God. If God does not exist it resides with the absolute Natural Laws. Unfortunately, there is nothing in your argument with time that humans are capable of knowing absolute knowledge consistently.

Hence the future is not yet.
              So what?!?!?!?!

QM not having an arrow of time does not negate there being one way arrow for time.
              No, it does not negate one way arrow of time, because it is illogical, unscientific to try and prove the negative. Though, it is demonstrated that there is no evidence of continuous time outside the time/space continuum of our universe and any possible universe.

In space time [everything is in the past to any one thing.?]
              By the evidence only within the space/time of our universe. The highlighted above does not make sense, needs explanation.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                I have no problem with the absolute truth existing. If God exists it resides with God. If God does not exist it resides with the absolute Natural Laws. Unfortunately, there is nothing in your argument with time that humans are capable of knowing absolute knowledge consistently.
                You cannot be sure of that.

By the evidence only within the space/time of our universe. The highlighted above does not make sense, needs explanation.
                The speed of light places everything in a relative past. Even our Sun is about 8 minutes in the past to us.

Comment

You cannot be sure of that.
                  Neither can you!

The speed of light places everything in a relative past. Even our Sun is about 8 minutes in the past to us.
                  So what?

Frank

Comment

Years back I posted a thread proving that time does not exist.
                    That thread went 'POOF!" when TWeb crashed.
                    Ironically, that event went towards proving my thesis.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                      Years back I posted a thread proving that time does not exist.
                      That thread went 'POOF!" when TWeb crashed.
                      Ironically, that event went towards proving my thesis.

Jorge

Frank

Comment