Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.22

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    The Psalms: Resources for living…
    Shalom!

One of my favorite comic strip characters is the Born Loser. I know this may not sound right but he was one of my fictional heroes. While it is easy for me to identify with him there is a huge difference between the two of us. Losing comes natural for the Born Loser losing for me is a matter of choice. You read me right, I chose to lose and I suspect you do too rather you realize it or not. Why do we choose to lose? Because Jesus urges us to, “For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it.” (Mark 8:35, ESV)

You may find this hard to believe but Jesus is one who likes to see losers like you and I in action! Not because he’s someone who “gets off” on human misery but because as explained by the Psalms the Holy Spirit turns losers like us into winners like Jesus! “Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.” (Psalm 1:1–3, NLT)

Not only does the Psalmist tell us the fringe benefits of losing he also tells us what we need to do when we find ourselves facing those incidental situations life throws at us putting us in the loser bracket, “…they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night.” Those 14 life giving, loser to winner words are based on the awesome fact that the ever and very present [“And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20, ESV)] Holy Spirit accompanies us wherever we go and into whatever we experience elevating us from the losers bracket into the Winners Circle.

The difference between a loser and a winner is the Holy Spirit!

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X