Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    Kinda curious.
    Depends on how far back you want to go. When I first started posting here there was a lot more theological and apologetics discussion. Lots more people with advanced knowledge of theology and church history. Even a few NT scholars or those studying in related fields. There was a whole lot more people in general. Lots of variety. People from all sorts of backgrounds, both religious and cultural. It was a very busy place with lots of interesting conversation. That was the good. The bad is that it was also much more aggressive. There are people who find the current tone of the forum to be way too negative and mean spirited, but in my opinion the forum has come a long way from where it was in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ya know, if you'd stop eating that limp fatty bacon, and focus on the good crispy kind like we used to get before the war, you wouldn't burp so much.
      If Sparko has been eating the "bacon" on the cupboard he's been munching on Jake's Beggin Strips again

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We had free beer and dancing girls!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          sush! We told you no tellin'

Comment

And there was the cabbage cult. I arrived kind of on the tail end of that one...
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Until mossy found out. beaten-up.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                And there was the cabbage cult. I arrived kind of on the tail end of that one...
                All hail the great brassica!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Until mossy found out. [ATTACH=CONFIG]18093[/ATTACH]
                  It may sound amusin', but women are confusin', to Popeye the sailor man.

popeye-n-oliveoyl.jpg
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Your in jokes are strange.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      Your in jokes are strange.
                      This is TWeb after all.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

True. Still I guess that because I am new here and havent really won any debates or have become a comedy genius that this is natural
                        sigpic

Comment

This is what happens when we hang out together in the fellowship areas, and realize how goofy we all are.

It's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I remember one particular member, a guy who actually introduced me to the old tweb. He was a plague on the forums where I hung out before tweb. When those forums were shutting down, he suggested this place to a number of us. This guy was a Christian who was rabidly anti-atheist. He spammed any forums he inhabited relentlessly with long quotes. He was banned many times, and had many forum handles. Anyone else remember him?

Fortunately, I've seen no sign of him in the new tweb.
                            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                              I remember one particular member, a guy who actually introduced me to the old tweb. He was a plague on the forums where I hung out before tweb. When those forums were shutting down, he suggested this place to a number of us. This guy was a Christian who was rabidly anti-atheist. He spammed any forums he inhabited relentlessly with long quotes. He was banned many times, and had many forum handles. Anyone else remember him?

Fortunately, I've seen no sign of him in the new tweb.
                              No idea who you're talking about.

For a few years, we had weekly sessions on Paltalk, but the platform became too infested with malware to continue. Good times, though, muting ivo when he tried to play Cher songs.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Ah, yes. Paltalk.
                                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment