Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.23

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    The Psalms: Light for living…
    Shalom!

“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17, NLT)

Of all the 66 books in the bible there are 3 that are standouts for me. One is the book of Isaiah, it is from Isaiah I learn about God, and how He interacts not only with humankind but with me on a personal basis. Another standout is the gospel of John, out of John I learn about Jesus not only as my Savior but also as my personal friend as well. It is in John’s gospel where the Holy Spirit becomes more than just a shadow becoming an intimate extension of Jesus.

And the third member of biblical dynamic trio is the Psalms. The Psalms have been classified as a “Wisdom Book” and in some circles it is called a “Poetic Book” but I have taken the liberty to classify it as a “Prophetic Book”. While it may not provide insight into the future like such prophetic books as Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, or Revelation what it does is provide me prophetic insight into how my relationship with God works. In addition to providing me with insight into my relationship with God it also provides me with prophetic insight into Gary Piper.

When I “screw up” and wander off the Psalms tells me why and how I can get back on the right path. When I am depressed the Psalms are there to lift me up. When I feel like I could whip the world all by myself the Psalms are there to short circuit my pride. If you want to read and discover God, read and study Isaiah. If you want to read and discover Jesus, read and study John. If you want to discover Light for living then read and study the Psalms. Keeping in mind the other 63 books of the bible all lend themselves to fulfill Paul’s prophetic insight, “Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.” (2 Timothy 3:17, The Message)

One last thought. When reading/studying any of the bible’s 66 books remember you’re not just a casual observer reading a text book or a newspaper you are an active participant in the ongoing story of God. When you read/study the Psalms become the Psalmist and watch and witness what the Holy Spirit does to your life and your living life.

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X