Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Doctors concerned about Hillary's health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    No, his point was to move the goalpost. He's wrong in stating that the discussions about Hillary's health is based on a partisan bias, which is why he had to deflect from that point. It also shows his bias against conservatives, which makes his claim that he's conservative, or even a moderate, laughable.
    Gee, build a straw man?

Tass is right. If people really want to settle this, let a doctor actually examine the patient. Hell, if the Trump campaign is willing, get them to pay for it.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      Gee, build a straw man?

Tass is right. If people really want to settle this, let a doctor actually examine the patient. Hell, if the Trump campaign is willing, get them to pay for it.
      It's evident you don't even know what a strawman means.

Comment

It's evident you don't even know what a strawman means.
        And it's evident that the point went over your head. Not much I can do if you wilfully misconstrue my words.
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

It seems to be a worthy discussion among certain media outlets. Worthy enough to silence any discussion about it
          Yeah, I'm sure highly partisan outlets on both sides will fight it out. And by all means, if you really think this is actually important, keep right one discussing it.

But as a criteria and with next to nothing in the way of substance it's a waste of time compared to the numerous policy/ethical issues that actually have substance to them.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Gee, build a straw man?

If any of the perceived health problems really do exist, there's not a snowball's chance in hell Hillary would let herself be examined by an independent doctor.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Hell, if the Trump campaign is willing, get them to pay for it.
              And Hillary would be just as transparent in this as she is in sharing her emails and encouraging her minions to testify instead of taking the fifth.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Yeah, I'm sure highly partisan outlets on both sides will fight it out. And by all means, if you really think this is actually important, keep right one discussing it.

But as a criteria and with next to nothing in the way of substance it's a waste of time compared to the numerous policy/ethical issues that actually have substance to them.
                Personally, health issues in context of POTUS is of no concern to me. Won't make a difference who's POTUS and what issues they have in the big picture. And I actually thought the whole health thing was pretty dumb at first, especially when people came out with that video of her acting goofy and claiming she was having a seizure. For me, it was the over-the-top MSM dismissal of it and then the censorship of the subject that followed. That's what got me latched onto it, because now the 1st Amendment seems to be at issue.

Comment

Personally, health issues in context of POTUS is of no concern to me. Won't make a difference who's POTUS and what issues they have in the big picture. And I actually thought the whole health thing was pretty dumb at first, especially when people came out with that video of her acting goofy and claiming she was having a seizure. For me, it was the over-the-top MSM dismissal of it and then the censorship of the subject that followed. That's what got me latched onto it, because now the 1st Amendment seems to be at issue.
                  Fair enough. It's the issue per se that I find silly.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• The answer I seemed to be given earlier was that it mattered because Hillary would likely try to hold on to the office even if unable to serve. But wouldn't conservatives in theory be okay with a weakened executive branch, assuming they don't lose both branches of Congress?

(This is to say nothing of the fact that most conservatives' favorite modern president bordered on incapacitation for much of his modern second term).
                    Last edited by KingsGambit; 10-04-2016, 08:59 PM.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      The answer I seemed to be given earlier was that it mattered because Hillary would likely try to hold on to the office even if unable to serve. But wouldn't conservatives in theory be okay with a weakened executive branch, assuming they don't lose both branches of Congress?

(This is to say nothing of the fact that most conservatives' favorite modern president bordered on incapacitation for much of his modern second term).
                      It's not just Hillary. It's her vast political machine and alliances.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        It's not just Hillary. It's her vast political machine and alliances.
                        So where do her health issues come into play here? I'm genuinely trying to understand where you're coming from.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

So where do her health issues come into play here? I'm genuinely trying to understand where you're coming from.
                          Presumably, the vast left wing conspiracy that would take power while she lay around on a ventilator

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Presumably, the vast left wing conspiracy that would take power while she lay around on a ventilator
                            So what does it matter if she's in charge or those people? Either way, you're getting the same policies.

Comment

So what does it matter if she's in charge or those people? Either way, you're getting the same policies.
                              There I would side with them - it matters because it undermines the Constitution.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

There I would side with them - it matters because it undermines the Constitution.
                                They don't have any credibility with me on that count due to their refusal to even entertain a Supreme Court vacancy.

Comment