Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.24

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    The Psalms: Light for living…
    Shalom!

“I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.” (Psalms 16:7-9 NLT)

Remember George Orwell’s prediction of 1984 that “Big Brother” would be watching? There are those who will tell you his prediction is now 32 years later with the internet and cell phone technology is now in full swing. Whether Big Brother is watching or not we have a Bigger God watching over us! Not only can we take comfort from the Psalmist, we can also take comfort from God Himself. “…There is no other God— there never has been, and there never will be. I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. You are witnesses that I am the only God,” says the LORD. “From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” (Isaiah 43:10–13, NLT, selected portions)

Please make special note of these portions of 43:12 &13, “First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you… No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” Because no matter how much bigger our God is than Big Brother he will not only try to bully us he will also try to rob us of our peace and tranquility. But Big Brother has two BIG problems the first is he’s so stuck on himself and how strong he thinks he is he’s blind to his second BIG problem, GOD!

What Big Brother’s forgets when he tries to mess with us is God gets in the middle and you and I know who’s gonna win that struggle, don’t we? I love the way Ezekiel puts it. “I myself will tend my sheep and give them a place to lie down in peace, says the Sovereign LORD. I will search for my lost ones who strayed away, and I will bring them safely home again. I will bandage the injured and strengthen the weak. But I will destroy those who are fat and powerful. I will feed them, yes—feed them justice!” (Ezekiel 34:15–16, NLT)

Having sleepless night thinking about Big Brother’s intimidations? Don’t think about Big Brother or counting sheep, instead count on this… “I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.” Recite that a few times and you’ll get the best night sleep you’ve ever had.

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X