Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Attack underway at American University in Afghan capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack underway at American University in Afghan capital

http://www.richmond.com/news/latest-...2993c9d3c.html

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The president of the American University in the Afghan capital says a militant attack is underway on the campus.

Mark English tells The Associated Press that security forces are on the scene after Wednesday's attack and that "we are trying to assess the situation."

Witnesses say they heard explosions and automatic gunfire. It was not immediately clear if anyone was wounded.

Police spokesman Sediq Sediqqi says police and intelligence agency personnel are at the campus, on the western outskirts of Kabul. He says police believe there is just one assailant.

The attack comes two weeks after two university staff were kidnapped from their car by unknown gunmen. Their whereabouts are still unknown.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment