Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Black Lives Matter" Comes of Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Lives Matter" Comes of Age

At least, so says the Philadelphia Tribune!

Source: TPT

The Black Lives Matter movement was close to becoming another Occupy Wall Street.

The latter was a protest movement that started in September 2011 against the excesses of Wall Street. It too became a global cause du jour. It too operated under a loose organizational structure and with headless leadership.

With little direction, others with less well-meaning intentions were able to cower under the Occupy banner, tarnish its name and muddy its message.

© Copyright Original Source

Interesting the swipe on the Occupy movement.... especially the part about the "headless leadership".

Later in the article, we find....

Source: TPT cont'd

Take the Civil Rights Movement, for example. It was not by accident that the movement deemed Rosa Parks its mother. She was not the the first person to refuse to relinquish her seat on a public bus to a white person. Parks was instead the picture-perfect poster woman for the cause when she acted in Montgomery, Ala., in 1955. She was a sweet-looking, lady, with silvery hair pulled back into a conservative bun and who worked as a seamstress.

© Copyright Original Source

So, who's the Rosa Parks of BLM?

And, BLM, of course, is WAY different than Occupy, because.....?

Notice to any Potential (or closet) Snowflakes for whom this OP may cause 'hurtful' feelings or provoke a knee-jerk "CP is WHINING" reaction. It's just discussion - if you don't want to participate in a civil manner, feel free to ignore the thread altogether!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Them?

471381728.jpg
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18082[/ATTACH]
        Come on, Seer - those are just kids having fun and exercising their first amendment rights.

What actually disturbs me more than that is the destruction and vandalism they do to local businesses, many of which are owned or operated by or employ blacks.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, somehow I missed this part in the cite....

I'd like to see some videos of these "young, passionate, talented speakers who eloquently articulated" stuff actually doing some eloquent articulation. Seriously.

Comment

What actually disturbs me more than that is the destruction and vandalism they do to local businesses, many of which are owned or operated by or employ blacks.
            Back in 68 when they burned out a couple of local cities, as a teenager, I couldn't figure out why they burned down their own neighbors. Heck - go burn down the white neighborhoods, that would make more sense.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18082[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                like never?

Comment

And, BLM, of course, is WAY different than Occupy, exactly how.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Well, there was that group of idiots who fairly recently occupied a federal park building out West with a bunch of guns. I don't recall them destroying anything, however.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Well, there was that group of idiots who fairly recently occupied a federal park building out West with a bunch of guns. I don't recall them destroying anything, however.
                      And, by all accounts, they left the grounds cleaner than they found them.

Comment

And, BLM, of course, is WAY different than Occupy, exactly how.....?
                        The woman who told white folks to get in the back. duh!

Comment

OK, somehow I missed this part in the cite....

I'd like to see some videos of these "young, passionate, talented speakers who eloquently articulated" stuff actually doing some eloquent articulation. Seriously.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Reminiscent of the oratory prowess of Martin Luther King

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment