Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.26

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    The Psalms: Light for living…
    Shalom!

“Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure. But as for me, I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness.” (Psalm 73:1–3, NLT)

Verses 4 through 20 in Psalms 73 contain the Psalmist complaint to God about the “proud” and how they seem to prosper in spite of their “wickedness”. In some ways the Psalmist has a valid complaint for our times as well. I need to tell on myself because there are times even now when the Psalmist has taken the words right out of my mouth, or is it the other way around. Having said that I need to tell you this Glory Seed is not about the “proud” instead it’s about me, and anyone who finds themselves borrowing verses 4 through 20 of Psalms 73. This Glory Seed is about verses 21 through 26 and the light they bring to our lives, they form a prayer of repentance. Allow me to begin my prayer, and if you feel the need please join me.

LORD, I’ve been judgmental and not only have I been judgmental I have also had twinges of envy as well. And now I realize, “…that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant— I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.” (Psalm 73:21–26, NLT)

“…my heart was bitter… Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand… God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever…” Those words are like a cold glass of water after sweating in the hot sun cutting grass. That’s the God I believe in, that’s the God who will one day deal justly with all the “powerful and wicked” and those who are “weak and oppressed” will have their day in the abundance of Jehovah-Jireh, the God who sees and provides.

Lord, it’s me Gary (_________________ use your name if you need to) again, My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak… But I desire you more than anything on earth…” AMEN! Then God’s voice breaks the silence, “Let there be Light!” And the Light shines in the dark!

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X