Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Disgusting Hillary campaign video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kind of reminds me of what I actually think was one of the dumbest campaign moves in recent memory (though it was very insignificant):

In 2004, George W. Bush said his favorite athlete was Lance Armstrong. (This was long before he was disgraced as a cheater.) It was a pretty solid choice for favorite athlete: A winner who represented America on a world stage, and it wasn't going to alienate people who were fans of a team's rival like if he had picked a Yankees player or something.

John Kerry responded by saying that his favorite athlete was Greg LeMond. Picking a fairly obscure cyclist with a French-sounding last name (at a time when it was really popular to bag on France)? Dumb.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      That kind of reminds me of what I actually think was one of the dumbest campaign moves in recent memory (though it was very insignificant):

In 2004, George W. Bush said his favorite athlete was Lance Armstrong. (This was long before he was disgraced as a cheater.) It was a pretty solid choice for favorite athlete: A winner who represented America on a world stage, and it wasn't going to alienate people who were fans of a team's rival like if he had picked a Yankees player or something.

John Kerry responded by saying that his favorite athlete was Greg LeMond. Picking a fairly obscure cyclist with a French-sounding last name (at a time when it was really popular to bag on France)? Dumb.
      I had forgotten that. But Kerry in a "bunny suit" never gets old.

7-ap040727010312-1_1160.jpg

Or Dukakis as a Tank Commander!

n_hardball_4dukakis_131118.blocks_desktop_large.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

How Christian of you!

Edited by a Moderator
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-26-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          Yup - thanks!

Edited by a Moderator
          Jorge, seriously, you need to stop! Besides being idiotic, it's the kind of stuff that somebody will report to the Secret Service. You don't make threats against the President, or even a Presidential candidate.
          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-26-2016, 06:32 PM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Jorge, seriously, you need to stop! Besides being idiotic, it's the kind of stuff that somebody will report to the Secret Service. You don't make threats against the President, or even a Presidential candidate.
            Seriously back at you: (1) ever heard of the 1st Amendment? (2) ............
            I wrote a lot more but then decided to delete it ... why even bother.

Now calm down, take your Xanax, and don't blow a fuse.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Seriously back at you: (1) ever heard of the 1st Amendment?
              Ever hear of 'yelling fire in a crowded theater'?

While you have a constitutional right to be an idiot, there are some legitimate exceptions to 'free speech'.

(2) ............
              I wrote a lot more but then decided to delete it ... why even bother.

Now calm down, take your Xanax, and don't blow a fuse.

Jorge
              It was a very calm caution, Jorge. You see to be somewhat of a drama queen.

Comment

Interestingly, today on MSNBC's Morning Joe program Hillary accused Trump of being someone trafficking in "dark conspiracy theories." This is interesting considering that it is Hillary herself who concocted the "vast right-wing conspiracy" defense in order to dismiss her husband's affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky. Apparently she still believes it since just February she was evoking it yet again when she announced to CNN anchor Anderson Cooper during a Democratic Town Hall in Derry, New Hampshire that her vast, right-wing conspiracy is still around but more open and "even better funded" now.

Further, nearly every accusation, including the multitude of well substantiated ones are brushed off as being nothing but conspiracies by Hillary or her campaign spokespersons.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Trump is such an idiot for getting dragged into these, "oh yeah, she is too" battles. He needs to stay on message and quit giving MSM so much ammo against him.
                  Why is he such an idiot? What do you think is the reason for his idiocy? Is he getting senIle or a little unhinged or what?
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                    Why is he such an idiot?
                    I think he's just used to spouting his thoughts, and he has no filter.

What do you think is the reason for his idiocy?
                    Don't know.

Is he getting senIle or a little unhinged or what?
                    Yes.

Comment

I think he's just used to spouting his thoughts, and he has no filter.

Don't know.

Yes.
                      Maybe Hillary wouldn't be so bad in comparison. I haven'the seen any indication that Trump is any more honest than Hillary (a very low bar), but at least Hillary does not seem to be as senile or unhinged or whatever.

Comment

Maybe Hillary wouldn't be so bad in comparison. I haven'the seen any indication that Trump is any more honest than Hillary (a very low bar), but at least Hillary does not seem to be as senile or unhinged or whatever.
                        I don't know, Trump doesn't seem as dishonest as he does just "out there". Hillary actually lies glibly, then lies about her lying, and actually works to hide her lies. And it seems she's enabled by the media, whereas Trump gets called out on his lies, or... babbling, or whatever.

Comment

I don't know, Trump doesn't seem as dishonest as he does just "out there". Hillary actually lies glibly, then lies about her lying, and actually works to hide her lies. And it seems she's enabled by the media, whereas Trump gets called out on his lies, or... babbling, or whatever.
                          I dunno. I suspect Trump is every bit as dishonest as Hillary. As for being called out by the media, Trump is not being called out much by Fox News and Breitbart and NewsMax, etc, but I do see Hillary being called out regularly by Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezinski on MSNBC.

Comment

I dunno. I suspect Trump is every bit as dishonest as Hillary.
                            I dunno. I think Hillary brings lying to a whole new level.

As for being called out by the media, Trump is not being called out much by Fox News and Breitbart and NewsMax, etc,
                            I'd have to agree with that.

but I do see Hillary being called out regularly by Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezinski on MSNBC.
                            Never watch them. But, not having had a press conference in 37 years (slight exaggeration), Hillary isn't accountable to anybody. She goes on late night talk shows and comedians and gets softball questions and admiring gazes. She is so flippant about her lying -- after the nearly 15,000 additional emails were discovered, she says something like "so, what's a few more".

Comment

I dunno. I suspect Trump is every bit as dishonest as Hillary. As for being called out by the media, Trump is not being called out much by Fox News and Breitbart and NewsMax, etc, but I do see Hillary being called out regularly by Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezinski on MSNBC.
                              There are numerous people who called out Trump on Fox News being bitterly opposed to him winning the nomination. Still, you can list only a hand full of news outlets to be contrasted to the legions of liberal news outlets that openly support Hillary. It is like comparing a swimming pool to an ocean.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Never watch them. But, not having had a press conference in 37 years (slight exaggeration), Hillary isn't accountable to anybody. She goes on late night talk shows and comedians and gets softball questions and admiring gazes. She is so flippant about her lying -- after the nearly 15,000 additional emails were discovered, she says something like "so, what's a few more".
                                I love how Hillary protests that she tries to be as honest as she can almost tacitly admitting that she lies through her teeth even when the truth would serve her better but just can't help herself.

As Washington Post columnist and relatively early supporter of Bill Clinton becoming president, William Saffire, concluded after examining Hillary's record back in 1996 she is a "congenital liar."

Comment