Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

True Sport Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Sport Heroes

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2146...e70fd43ae6d901

His medal represented at least four years of sweat and blood but he chose to sell it for a sick child.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

This is the kind of thing where I would really hope that somebody who had the means would buy the medal, then give it back to him.

We had a local pastor who was encouraging his Church to give sacrificially to pay off the Church's building debt. A little old lady, recently widowed, brought her wedding ring to him, and asked him to get it appraised, sell it, and donate that money to the Church. He resisted, but she insisted.

He told the story to his deacons, and after the meeting, one of the men asked what the ring appraised for. The pastor told him "Just shy of $5,000". The deacon said "give the ring back to her and tell her an anonymous donation has been made in that amount, and she should keep the ring". The deacon got his checkbook out and wrote the check.

Later that week, another deacon came in, asked how much the ring had been appraised for.... yeah, same thing. Another $5,000.

After selling the ring a THIRD time - never misrepresenting that it had already been "redeemed" - the Pastor gave the ring back to the lady and told her it had been quite instrumental in the retirement of the debt, and the purchaser(s) insisted she keep it.

Now, before some of our 'unwashed' show up and complain about his 'trickery' - each of the men who "bought" the ring, when told the story, laughed heartily and praised God.

I have shared elsewhere that I had a man in our Church (wasn't even a member - had never even attended) who was dying of liver failure / hep C. They needed $9800 just to get the man in the hospital, and he was fast approaching end of life. After the morning service, a man handed me an envelope and said, "nobody needs to know who gave this, but get that man in the hospital tomorrow". That afternoon, I handed her a check for $10,000, and Jim is a vibrant part of our congregation today - healthy and active.

Prayers for the sick child, and I wish there were some way for this guy to have his medal back AND his child attended to.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe that will happen.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X