Give up your firstborn child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give up your firstborn child?

Source: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/sifter/give-your-firstborn-child-most-people-don-t-read-terms-service-agreements

Give up your firstborn child? Most people don’t read terms of service agreements

Aug. 25, 2016
    You’ve probably done it—clicked “I accept” after scrolling to the bottom of a company’s terms of service. A new study shows that you’re not alone; those who accept terms of service without reading them first are in the majority, NPR reports. The study set up a fake social networking . . . . . . that the users’ firstborn children would be surrendered as form of payment. As you might expect, 98% of people using the site didn’t notice the clauses, . . .

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by 37818; 08-28-2016, 05:34 PM.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Same thing with getting married. You say "I do" without really reading the contract.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's really bizarre, It sounds like two of the Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales: Rumpelstiltskin and Rapunzel
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Same thing with getting married. You say "I do" without really reading the contract.

The whole purpose of the wedding vow was to disallow divorce. The state does not honor vows to God. [Which BTW historically it was over the issue church-state loyalty oaths which brought about the first baptist church in Providence Rhode Island.]
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          The whole purpose of the wedding vow was to disallow divorce. The state does not honor vows to God. [Which BTW historically it was over the issue church-state loyalty oaths which brought about the first baptist church in Providence Rhode Island.]

I guess I should have used sarcasm tags for the humor impaired.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I guess I should have used sarcasm tags for the humor impaired.
            I saw the humor. But this other issue has been on my mind of late. It has been interestingly been long running [background] joke that agreeing to software licenses agreements unread, were signing away their first born.

Comment

Well have you all read the fine pring (SIC) in the tweb terms and conditions?

All of your bacon belongs to me. As well as 50% of everything you own, including your paycheck. And if you quit or get banned, then 100% of everything belongs to me.

PS by reading this post, you affirm your agreement to the terms mentioned above. Thanks.

Comment

Bacon

Comment