Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Creative anachronism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative anachronism.

A hobby of mine happens to be historical combat. It's interesting stuff been doing it for a while now.
    sigpic

It's a shame that you started this in the Fraternity, because the one person on this site who is most involved in it in real life is female.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Cool.
      As of right now we are trying to get more armor.
      Who would that person be?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        A hobby of mine happens to be historical combat. It's interesting stuff been doing it for a while now.
        I used to engage in a bit of sword and shield sparring with some members of the Society for Creative Anachronism, one of who was a "knight" at several Renaissance Fests and was my "nemesis." Always went home with bruises on my arms, shoulders and ribs. Until the last time. I was in a bit of an irritable mood and decided to apply some of the stuff I learned studying martial arts -- not any techniques but rather the mentality. I beat him to the ground in short order three straight times (he even tried to slip in an illegal dirty trick in the last skirmish which I made him pay dearly for

As he looked up at me the last time he remarked, "you've been practicing!" I shook my head no and told him I merely changed my approach which was to utterly annihilate him.

That was also the last time I dueled like that. He was a sore loser

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Cool story rogue
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            Cool story rogue
            As KG said perhaps the best person to talk to about the SCA can't post in the Frat House and that is Teallaura. I believe she is/was a member.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Cool. I do the stuff with my friends. Though some of them are SCA amtgard.
              Tealaura. I will try to remember
              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X