Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.29

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    Up close and personal with Jesus…
    Shalom!

Probably every person who will read this is familiar with the Twenty-third Psalms affectionately known as “The Shepherd’s Psalm”. I remember back in March of 1981 as I was being wheeled down the hall headed for open chest surgery to remove my thymus gland repeating over and over my own version of verse 4, “Yea, even though I am going into the shadow of death I will not be afraid.” I am sure at some point in your life The Shepherd’s Psalm has gotten you through some difficult and trying times, hasn’t it? Did you know there’s another version of the Twenty-third Psalm? One recited not by the Psalmist but by the Shepherd Himself, through the prophet Ezekiel. Its one thing to rehearse another’s testimony and believe the words are for you but quite another to hear them from the Shepherd Himself.

Mid-way through chapter 34 of Ezekiel the LORD not only speaks some stern words to the “Shepherd’s of Israel”, a few verses later He speaks powerful comforting, encouraging, and promising words for “sheep” like you and I. “I myself will tend my sheep and give them a place to lie down in peace, says the Sovereign LORD. I will search for my lost ones who strayed away, and I will bring them safely home again. I will bandage the injured and strengthen the weak…” (Ezekiel 34:15–16, NLT, selected portions)

As important as the scriptures are in our quest to know the Shepherd it is essential to know the Shepherd already not only knows your name HE KNOWS YOU on a personal and intimate level! You’re not just a someone, you’re not just another face in crowd, to Jesus YOU are THE ONE, the one He gave His life for! When you wander off track He comes and finds you.

By the way not only is Jesus the Good Shepherd he is also the Good Samaritan in the parable HE told with that same name! "Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins, telling him, 'Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I'll pay you the next time I'm here.'
    (Luke 10:33-35 NLT)

Not only is Jesus the Good Shepherd and the Good Samaritan He is also the Ultimate First Responder! And unlike human first and secondary responders Jesus doesn’t whisk you off to an ER, He brings heaven’s ER to you.

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X