Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Mysterious-star-signal-stokes-seti-hopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wally View Post
    "The only thing we've learned, is that about 10% don't seem to mind it"
    The Kids In the Hall
    Dare I ask if you're in that 10%?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am fairly sure that several of our members are aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Ah! The old "point the finger at others to take attention away from yourself!"

It's OK, Sparko... most of us have figured you out.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
          One of the more famous Twilight Zone episodes involves first contact with aliens who land on Earth in their flying saucer. The aliens allow themselves to be interrogated as to their motives and assure the Earthlings of their good intentions. After a visit to the UN one of the aliens accidentally leaves behind a book written in the alien language. The title of the book is deciphered as "To Serve Man" which everyone takes as an indication the aliens are there to help humanity. The aliens offer to take a delegation of humans back to their home planet. As the humans are being loaded on the ship a lone scientist runs up and tries to stop them. " I've deciphered the rest of the writing!" he cries. Turns out "To Serve Man" is a cookbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Ah! The old "point the finger at others to take attention away from yourself!"

It's OK, Sparko... most of us have figured you out.
            I am from the future, not from another planet.

timetravel.jpg

Comment

Dare I ask if you're in that 10%?
              Are you coming on to me????

"The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

I just don't want to be probed with that thing again.
                That would be more convincing if you hadn't painted in 6' long letters "Please come back, I miss you" on your roof.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not me! I have a certified ID proving that I am indeed a full human being, and not an alien.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    And why on earth would we want to contact aliens? What if the see us as food?
                    How would they be able to safely eat us? What if water or carbon or oxygen is poisonous to them?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      How would they be able to safely eat us? What if water or carbon or oxygen is poisonous to them?
                      If they can breathe our air, they're probably safe from all three. Carbon is admittedly a minor component of air, but it is relatively plentiful in the universe (being a direct product of the fusion process in late-stage massive stars), and it would be difficult to conceive of a life form which could not tolerate it.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

A more real problem might be the equivalent material to our protein structure. It they are not made up of left handed amino acids we would be no use as food.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          A more real problem might be the equivalent material to our protein structure. It they are not made up of left handed amino acids we would be no use as food.
                          but we could still be delicious. A great diet food.

Diet Jed on a kabob.

Comment

but we could still be delicious. A great diet food.

Diet Jed on a kabob.
                            Or they could think our proteins will make them immortal. But wouldn't it make more sense to figure out what it is that makes humans yummy enough to travel light years for and synthesize it? Alien cuisine, now with artificial human flavoring.

Comment

Or they could think our proteins will make them immortal. But wouldn't it make more sense to figure out what it is that makes humans yummy enough to travel light years for and synthesize it? Alien cuisine, now with artificial human flavoring.
                              We might look like bacon to them.

Comment

We might look like bacon to them.
                                Then give them pig bacon!

Comment