Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.08.31

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    A gentile reminder…
    Shalom!

There’s probably nothing unfamiliar about this scripture but when I read it a few minutes ago 4 words jumped out at me. “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” (John 14:27, NLT, emphasis mine) For some reason the Holy Spirit wanted me to make note of, “…the world cannot give…” There’s no doubt Jesus was referring to the worlds inability to give us the kind of peace that will completely satisfy our hungry for spiritual peace. However, the Spirit hi-lighted those 4 words to make a special point, why and what?

First of all I need to ask myself, “Are you sure it was the Holy Spirit, Gary?” It was just to “out of left field” not to be the work of the Spirit. It was one of those “you had to be there things”. Was the Spirit trying to get something entirely new through my thick head? Or was it something I needed to be reminded of?

When you stop to think about what the world can give you have to say it can give you everything you need to live a successful life, if success is measured by worldly standards, that is. “However,” Jesus says, “And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?” (Matthew 16:26, NLT) The answer of course is NO, there is nothing more important than your soul! But what is worldly success? Probably the best and simplest answer is worldly success is getting everything you want out of life. For some success is a measure of becoming financially rich, for others it may be the power they hold over people, for even others it may perfect health, or educational success.

This morning I believe the Holy Spirit is simply reminding us worldly success in and of itself is not the reason one would lose his or her soul, instead it is the PURSUIT of worldly success. Jesus tells us the measure of success and how to achieve it. “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.” (Luke 12:29–32, NLT)

In my own case over the years I have come to the point where I trust and depend on my LORD for my very life yet at times I find myself “slipping across the border” and depending on the medicines I take. Looks like this morning the Holy Spirit is reminding me to get back across the border where I belong.

Thank You My Friend for the reminder.

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X