Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Brainwashing Techniques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I miss LDSTrue though
    Bite your tongue!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ah, her! Ke7ejx
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
        Hey, Punkinhead!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey, Punkinhead!
          Hey, Creacher.
          I am Punkinhead.

Comment

When we had some hot debates going, I always tried to use Mormon sources to refute the 'apologists', and was often amused at the clumsy "dog ate my homework" answers and explanations found on FairMormon.org.

I especially enjoyed the occasional warning to Mormons "not to read further, as it may be damaging to your faith".
            Half the time they accuse people of not giving correct info, but they won't say how it's wrong.

Comment

Punkinhead was a Mormon when we first met her on Tweb - she has since left the Mormon Church, and is in Seminary elsewhere.
              Bible college, actually. I go to Seminary in two years.

I like to think we (Twebbers) had a small hand in that, just loving and encouraging her, and exposing many of the lies of Mormonism.
              More than a small hand.

Perhaps even more importantly (she can answer this) is the pigheadedness and conduct of some of the Mormon "apologists" we had back then -- NRAJeff, Other Cheek, LDSTrue, Jo151363726543161176274, and others.
              Not really. They just irritated the crap out of me.

(It may take her a while to respond, as she's just moved back to start another semester of school.)
              Well those BA in History and Christian Ministry won't earn themselves.
              I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
                Half the time they accuse people of not giving correct info, but they won't say how it's wrong.
                I think, the more they try to explain stuff, the more they realize how dumb it sounds.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like to think we (Twebbers) had a small hand in that, just loving and encouraging her, and exposing many of the lies of Mormonism.
                  Do you always ridicule Mormons as you did in the thread I started? If I were a Mormon, I would leave this site.

Comment

Do you always ridicule Mormons as you did in the thread I started? If I were a Mormon, I would leave this site.

Comment

I don't mean that as a criticism. I just get grieved when people find humor in the fact that people are lost(spiritually blind and deaf). And I'm not without fault --- I've had to learn to bite my tongue !

Comment

Do you always ridicule Mormons as you did in the thread I started?
                        Only the ones who lie, obfuscate, and act like general asshats. Like LDSTrue did.

If I were a Mormon, I would leave this site.
                        The ones who stayed have converted. See Ke7 and JustJohnna for evidence...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Teasing is not ridiculing and I've never seen them doing with ill intentions. Some people really just need to grow some skin.
                          I am Punkinhead.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X