Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Brainwashing Techniques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, the woman in SLC really didn't know a single person who wasn't Mormon -- she lost her 'church family', her job was at a Mormon owned business, her neighbors..... she really felt alone. We found a Church for her south of SLC that just welcomed and loved her --- their Pastor was ex-Mormon, so he knew!
    An ex-Mormon pastor! That would be fun.

Comment

Yeah, the woman in SLC really didn't know a single person who wasn't Mormon -- she lost her 'church family', her job was at a Mormon owned business, her neighbors..... she really felt alone. We found a Church for her south of SLC that just welcomed and loved her --- their Pastor was ex-Mormon, so he knew!
      That sorta surprises me. I've read that Mormons call SLC "Apostate City" because so many non-Mormons live there.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Janice,

You have found a good place here at Tweb.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          That sorta surprises me. I've read that Mormons call SLC "Apostate City" because so many non-Mormons live there.
          Had never heard that, and been there several times, but... who knows.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Janice,

You have found a good place here at Tweb.
            Actually, I was here years and years ago, but I think the site crashed or something because now it says I joined in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
              Actually, I was here years and years ago, but I think the site crashed or something because now it says I joined in 2014.
              We lost a lot of stuff when the site crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                We lost a lot of stuff when the site crashed.
                And people.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First of all...

Punkinhead was a Mormon when we first met her on Tweb - she has since left the Mormon Church, and is in Seminary elsewhere. I like to think we (Twebbers) had a small hand in that, just loving and encouraging her, and exposing many of the lies of Mormonism.

Perhaps even more importantly (she can answer this) is the pigheadedness and conduct of some of the Mormon "apologists" we had back then -- NRAJeff, Other Cheek, LDSTrue, Jo151363726543161176274, and others.

(It may take her a while to respond, as she's just moved back to start another semester of school.)
                  You might want to explain who Punkin head is.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

January 2014 the Tweb crew got her back up.
                    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      You might want to explain who Punkin head is.
                      Ah, her! Ke7ejx

Comment

I'd say one of the red flags of a cult is if they don't allow questions. The truth has nothing to fear and everything to gain by questions and the search for knowledge. So, something fishy is going on if someone claims that any questions are evil.

Hypothetical conversation between me(cbw) and a potential cult leader(let's call him Bob).

Bob: My group is the only way one can be saved. It is the one true chrch.

CBW: Really? Why do you think that?

Bob: Because! Now stop asking stupid questions and just believe. Questions are of the devil!

CBW: Really? Prove it.

Bob: You are arrogant and must repent!

CBW: You seem like a cult leader to me...

Bob: Oh no! I'm not a cult leader. It's just that everyone else got it wrong! I am the only one that got it right!

CBW: There's plenty other people just you...
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I miss LDSTrue though
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            I miss LDSTrue though
                            The boy was entertaining.

Comment

Well, when I peek at different forums on the net, they've become pretty boring. The Mormons seldom give genuine answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
                                Well, when I peek at different forums on the net, they've become pretty boring. The Mormons seldom give genuine answers.
                                When we had some hot debates going, I always tried to use Mormon sources to refute the 'apologists', and was often amused at the clumsy "dog ate my homework" answers and explanations found on FairMormon.org.

I especially enjoyed the occasional warning to Mormons "not to read further, as it may be damaging to your faith".

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X