Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    I'd like some input.

I'm currently geared towards an up-close-and-personal handgun type (with flair). I could pretty easily shift to a long range (40ft or more) sort of gunman. Does it make sense to do that instead? CV, can I expect to have the range to utilize, or should I be prepared for a mix of close encounters? Are advanced firearms allowed? I can make it work with a musket, but a rifle changes the game by a lot.

Thoughts?
    Advanced Firearms are allowed. Like Spart said, there will be encounters where you guys will affect whether it's long or short range (and, semi-spoiler alert, there will be one short-range encounter for sure).
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Teal and I were brainstorming party backstories the other night. There were a lot of details we played around with but the core of the proposed collective backstory is that the party formed to track down a hag- specifically, the mother of my character, a changeling.

An annis hag is cr 6, which I'm pretty sure means it could be part of a climactic battle for characters approaching level 5, and one might easily imagine adventures leading up to that encounter that got us from level 2 to level 5.

We don't have to run with that backstory, but may as well throw it out there
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          I'm working on it. Just designing RG's character and setting up some shenanigans. I also need to see two more character sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
            I'm working on it. Just designing RG's character and setting up some shenanigans. I also need to see two more character sheets.
            I call shenanigans!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Feel free to PM me or post your wondrous item wishlists. I'll be happy to calculate or double-check the gp costs.

Comment

Okay, I missed something - there's no way I could afford a wondrous item on 6d6 x 10 GP.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Okay, I missed something - there's no way I could afford a wondrous item on 6d6 x 10 GP.
                    We're using the, "Starting Wealth by Level," rules. Since we're Level 5, you get 10'500 GP to buy stuff.

Comment

Other things that initially caught me off guard in character creation: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement

Feats on every other level, and the flat skill point gains (consistent number every level instead of a big chunk at level 1 and smaller gains afterward).

Comment

Okay, thanks!

I may have a few revisions....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Also, the way class vs cross class skills work is different. In both cases the rank maximum is equal to your level, but if it is a class skill for any of your classes then you get a 3 point bonus... or maybe only if you put a skill rank from a class with it as a class skill into it?

Also, check the rules on favored classes. Those give either estra an extra hitpoint or an extra skill point at ever level you have of them. So they actually matter MORE for single-classed characters than multi-classing ones.

Comment

I just pm'd you mine, CV.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Every time I see daylight y'all come up with something ELSE!!!!!

I'm so close to pm'ing someone what I have thus far and let them equip her....

I will get it in by Saturday - sorry, but real life is a bit hectic and I don't have internet at home.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I'm so close to pm'ing someone what I have thus far and let them equip her....
                                Spart helped me a lot with magical items.
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X