Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder One-Shot: Any Takers?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Well, there is an Android race so if you want that can be arranged.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-.../android-16-rp
    Sounds good.

Faith
    Broman Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Looks like we need meatshield? I think I'd be willing to do that. Fighter and barbarian seem fun enough, though warpriest looks interesting, too.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm good at meatshielding. One game I played, I was able to stall a bunch of enemies whilst our mages casted AoE spells. We ended up killing so many that the DM decided to surrender the remaining guards rather than let us kill all of them.

Faith
    Broman Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rational Gaze View Post
    I'm good at meatshielding. One game I played, I was able to stall a bunch of enemies whilst our mages casted AoE spells. We ended up killing so many that the DM decided to surrender the remaining guards rather than let us kill all of them.
    Right now, we have an investigator, wizard, gunslinger, and a cleric.

A cleric can be a healer and/or front-line meatshield. If we want a well-rounded party, we probably want a character than can take the pressure off of the cleric for at least one of those things.

Faith
    Non-Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Right now, we have an investigator, wizard, gunslinger, and a cleric.

A cleric can be a healer and/or front-line meatshield. If we want a well-rounded party, we probably want a character than can take the pressure off of the cleric for at least one of those things.
    It's looking like I will have 55hp and 21AC. The gunslinger is more of a meatshield than you might think.

ETA: The more the merrier, though.
    Last edited by Carrikature; 09-08-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    I'm not here anymore.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The GM hath said (paraphrased) : If one brings cheese to the table, bring enough for everyone.

In that spirit, I believe that Wondrous Items* and Potion (and arcane scrolls FWIW) may now be 50% off. My spellcraft modifier is +16 in cases where that matters. I don't recommend gambling on cases where I can't automatically make it, but that would be your choice...

*Limit Caster level 5. so sadly, I can't do Cloaks of Resistance +2 for example. But it HAS been pointed out that the caster level of an item CAN exceed the level of the creator. Caster level is only a requirement if listed under requirements.

Also, if I can only have notes on one subject I believe I shall take Knowledge [Arcana]... or is that not what you meant?

Faith
    Broman Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrikature View Post
    It's looking like I will have 55hp and 21AC. The gunslinger is more of a meatshield than you might think.

ETA: The more the merrier, though.
    Yeah, I noticed when I looked at the SRD that gunslingers had a d10 as their hit die. Beefy.

Maybe I'll play a melee-focused ranger. The natural weapon variant sorta catches my eye, though I imagine it's a sub-optimal build.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco Dei View Post
    The GM hath said (paraphrased) : If one brings cheese to the table, bring enough for everyone.

In that spirit, I believe that Wondrous Items* and Potion (and arcane scrolls FWIW) may now be 50% off. My spellcraft modifier is +16 in cases where that matters. I don't recommend gambling on cases where I can't automatically make it, but that would be your choice...

*Limit Caster level 5. so sadly, I can't do Cloaks of Resistance +2 for example. But it HAS been pointed out that the caster level of an item CAN exceed the level of the creator. Caster level is only a requirement if listed under requirements.

Also, if I can only have notes on one subject I believe I shall take Knowledge [Arcana]... or is that not what you meant?
    (Emphasis Mine)
    That works, Draco.

Basic Premise for you folks... You're an adventuring group in the City of Argent that has caught wind of a Missing Person's case: Some rich noble's son has gone missing without a trace. Murder-HobosAdventurers are being discreetly summoned in hopes that they will find him as soon as possible. There is a VERY large reward being offered for doing this task (120,000 Gold), so it's clear they're desperate.
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 09-09-2016 at 03:08 AM.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Chaotic Void
    Okay.

One thing that is on there that I will have to check if it has a listed cost in this system, but which I would very much wish to have is a familiar carrier. Basically it is a pet carrier that is made of very tough materials and locks from the inside rather than the outside, and has shutters which can be opened or closed (also from the inside only). With the shutters open it provides Improved Cover* to the Cat, and when closed Total Cover. I just hope it doesn't put me into Medium Load... Meh, I can always get a mule if it proves to be an issue...
    *Or whatever Pathfinder calls that.

Everyone:
    My sheet should be done except for the fiddly small stuff like "camping gear" and writing materials and such. I only have 80.8 GP left I think, and I want to have more than a few gold coins in petty cash. I may wait to see at least a rough draft of other people's characters before I finish up.

My fellow players:
    The lengthy listing of equipment might be somewhat misleading in as much as Gauss is kitted out primarily as a "hazmat researcher" rather than an "adventurer"... let me put it this way: I almost got him a Ring of Sustanance for 2,500 GP.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, I should add that I'm a pathfinder n00b, so I'd need help creating my character... unless CV wants to do it for me, being the DM/GM and all. I'm not bothered, I just want to play for fun.