No announcement yet.

Pathfinder One-Shot: Any Takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV, how nitpicky are you going to be regarding rations, ammunition, and the like?
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Will work on character tomorrow. I have a pretty good idea what she'll be like - just gotta do the nuts and bolts.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
        Oh, I should add that I'm a pathfinder n00b, so I'd need help creating my character... unless CV wants to do it for me, being the DM/GM and all. I'm not bothered, I just want to play for fun.
        I'm sorta a noob... have played a Pregen or two at Cons, but mostly it is a matter of "Okay, let me just double-check to make sure this isn't different from 3.0/3.5".

Comment

Okay, so we already know each other. How long have we been together?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Okay, so I'm not getting to be online as much - I may need help with the character after all.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              CV, how nitpicky are you going to be regarding rations, ammunition, and the like?
              I'm not going to be too picky about food (this should take a day or two in-game), and I'm not too worried unless it's, "Special," ammunition. I've seen some of those bullets in action.

Originally posted by Draco Dei View Post
              I'm sorta a noob... have played a Pregen or two at Cons, but mostly it is a matter of "Okay, let me just double-check to make sure this isn't different from 3.0/3.5".
              That's pretty much my experience. Apart from the Pathfinder Noir game I'm a part of Saturday nights, my experience is mostly 3.5e. Part of why I'm doing this is for the learning experience.

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Okay, so we already know each other. How long have we been together?
              I'll say since 'Level 2', so about a few months to a year.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I'm currently leaning toward a ranger 2/rogue 3 build.
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                  I'm currently leaning toward a ranger 2/rogue 3 build.
                  I'm curious... Any particular reason for doing that, instead of going with a 5th-Level Slayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    I'm curious... Any particular reason for doing that, instead of going with a 5th-Level Slayer?
                    The main reason was that I didn't know Slayer existed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I think it'll work a bit better.
                    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Checking in so people will know I am still paying attention.

Between the "not tracking every little thing" statement and the fact I haven't seen links to any other character sheets so far... I'm not feeling in any particular rush. I suspect I could technically start as I currently am and not have any problems.

Comment

I have my character almost done.

With the obligatory glitch, of course...

So, can anyone tell me how to read this thing? I can't find a legend and I don't know what the X/C things mean.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybr...s/investigator

Also, how are you handling formula books, CV?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I have my character almost done.

With the obligatory glitch, of course...

So, can anyone tell me how to read this thing? I can't find a legend and I don't know what the X/C things mean.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybr...s/investigator
                          X/C means that certain aspects of the class are replaced(X)/changed(C) if you decide to take that Archetype.

Also, how are you handling formula books, CV?
                          Just how it says in the book:

"An investigator may know any number of formulae. He stores his formulae in a special tome called a formula book. He must refer to this book whenever he prepares an extract. At 1st level, an investigator starts with two 1st-level formulae of his choice, plus a number of additional formulae equal to his Intelligence modifier. At each new investigator level, he gains one new formula for any level that he can create."

So at 5th Level, you'll have 7 + INT extracts.

Comment

X/C means that certain aspects of the class are replaced(X)/changed(C) if you decide to take that Archetype.

Just how it says in the book:

"An investigator may know any number of formulae. He stores his formulae in a special tome called a formula book. He must refer to this book whenever he prepares an extract. At 1st level, an investigator starts with two 1st-level formulae of his choice, plus a number of additional formulae equal to his Intelligence modifier. At each new investigator level, he gains one new formula for any level that he can create."

So at 5th Level, you'll have 7 + INT extracts.
                            Okay, thanks on the first one.

I wasn't clear enough on the second - how do we determine which extracts are in the book?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Okay, thanks on the first one.

I wasn't clear enough on the second - how do we determine which extracts are in the book?
                              Since we're starting at Level 5, I'll allow that- as long as it's First or Second Level- it can be in your book.

List is here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-...ts---alchemist

Comment

Since we're starting at Level 5, I'll allow that- as long as it's First or Second Level- it can be in your book.

List is here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-...ts---alchemist
                                Cool, thanks!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X