Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 03/10/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 03/10/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    When your life is ready…

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.” (John 14:1–4, NLT)

I am going to tell you something you may find hard to believe, life is difficult – but living without trust is impossible. On second thought you probably have firsthand knowledge of just how true that really is. One of the biggest tasks Jesus faced in his 3 years of ministry was to prepare the disciples for the years that lie ahead for them after his return to heaven.

You and I have never had the privilege and honor of living with Jesus as the disciples did so to us Jesus has never gone away. Yet because we’ve not seen him face-to-face there may be times when the power of our ability to trust he never leaves us alone is feeble. I firmly believe it is during those times when the Holy Spirit “steps in” to bolster the power of our trust not in our miraculous removal out of difficulty but with faith and trust that such times are preparing us for greater things.

For some today’s scripture speaks of going to heaven, for me it is that and much more. For me it is the reassurance there is more to living than just the “daily grind” of life that not only does my life (and yours) have a great destination but also every experience on our journey lends itself to the preparations we are making together with the Holy Spirit. As we make our way toward Easter may each of us reflect on times when the Holy Spirit has bolstered the power our trust in the promises of Jesus and at the same time anticipate Jesus’ promises not only continuing but getting stronger and stronger.

As I bring this Glory Seed to an end in my imagination I can see Jesus with his arms outstretched saying, “When your life is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. Until then you have my promise the Holy Spirit will be with you until the time when you will be with me.”

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Then the disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed—for until then they still hadn’t understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. Then they went home.” (John 20:8–10, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X