Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Being Nice Can Save You Money!

Spanish café begins charging more for coffee if customers are rude

Source: IndependentUK

A café in Spain has begun charging its customers more for their coffees and pastries if they are rude when ordering.

Restaurant Blau Grifeu in Llanca charges rude customers €5 for their morning pick-me-up while those who behave more graciously pay just €3.

Saying 'please' and wishing the barista a good morning will get you a coffee for as little as €1.30.

Marisel Valencia Madrid, the owner of Restaurant Blau Grifeu, said the scheme is working and that customers are beginning to be more polite to her staff.

“People seem to be in a rush these days and forgetting to say 'please' when they ask for something,” she told the Times.

© Copyright Original Source

I love it! A great restaurant model!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

2. Amen Cerebrum123, Jedidiah, stfoskey15 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

4. Amen Cerebrum123, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I used to do that when I did graphic and web design. some customers were real pains in the rear so I started charging them more to deal with them. I called it the Jerk Charge.

If someone was fun to work with, I would do extra for them for free and even not charge them for some of my time.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hmm, what about when the employee/owner has the bad attitude?
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

90d.jpg

9. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think, since the owner is setting the tone here, and the emphasis is on being polite, that he/she is gonna be OK. Naturally, this would only work with somebody who was focused on polite, cordial service.

As for employees, I'm betting they wouldn't last long if they weren't playing along. And, with more polite customers, it's a lot easier to be a polite server.

We can see the difference all across America when we go into a Chick-Fil-A as opposed to a McDonald's. Just sayin'. It's obvious that the "business model" of Chick-Fil-A includes well trained polite young people who know how to smile and interact with customers. McDonald's, on the other hand, is more focused on "over XXX-BILLION Burgers Sold".

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

11. Amen Cerebrum123, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    For some reason, I just thought of Col Jessup (A Few Good Men) - "but you have to ask me nicely".

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Aint none of you heard of Stubbs?
    Aint no loud talk and no bad talk in this place.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have stopped shopping in certain places because of the attitude of some of the staff. Local Safeway for example.

I have been on both sides of the counter, so I know that customer service is important, but a miserable customer can ruin your whole day, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

15. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I have stopped shopping in certain places because of the attitude of some of the staff. Local Safeway for example.

I have been on both sides of the counter, so I know that customer service is important, but a miserable customer can ruin your whole day, too.
    I stopped in at a meeting of our local Chamber of Commerce (I'm a member, but rarely attend), and asked if I could ask a question. (two questions, actually, since the first one was about asking the second one)

They were spending big bucks on a "Shop Local" campaign, cause we're only 30 miles from a couple other towns where people can, and do tend to, shop.

I asked, "Why are we having to spend money on a campaign to get people to shop locally when the reason that so many of us do not shop locally is because the local businesses often don't seem to give a flyin' flip that we're shopping there?"

They looked stunned for a minute, and I said, "instead of spending money on trying to convince people to shop locally, maybe you should spend some time trying to find out why they don't".

It actually turned into a cordial conversation, with several of the chamber members giving their own examples of rudeness or aloofness or bad service by some of our local businesses.

(as so often happens I got drafted to head up that "why don't people shop locally" survey)

17. Amen KingsGambit, mossrose, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.