Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

When should you become a Mormon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    How do they explain the lack of evidence for the nonillion lifeforms that have to be swarming the galaxy, much less the universe if their cosmology is true? Or do they claim a multiverse theory now?
    I don't think I would use this argument. Atheists say the same thing about the spirit world that Christianity teaches about (though to be fair, unlike the Mormon stuff, I think there is evidence for it).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I don't think I would use this argument. Atheists say the same thing about the spirit world that Christianity teaches about (though to be fair, unlike the Mormon stuff, I think there is evidence for it).
      The spirit world is not detectable to science tools by definition. They can be invisible/inaudible/ etc. Meaning that a spirit could be right behind you(well, there is the Holy Spirit indwelling all Christians, so I wouldn't be afraid)! And you won't know it!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
          Did I say something bad?

Comment

Nah! The thread went south.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
              Nah! The thread went south.
              We twebbers love to derail threads!

Comment

The spirit world is not detectable to science tools by definition. They can be invisible/inaudible/ etc. Meaning that a spirit could be right behind you(well, there is the Holy Spirit indwelling all Christians, so I wouldn't be afraid)! And you won't know it!
                Right... but the Mormon will turn around and say the exact same thing about their theology.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Right... but the Mormon will turn around and say the exact same thing about their theology.
                  What about the whole Native Americans not showing genetic similarities to the Jews? Do they claim that the real Jews all died out???

Comment

What about the whole Native Americans not showing genetic similarities to the Jews? Do they claim that the real Jews all died out???
                    Yeah, that is a pretty significant problem for Mormonism.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X