Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 257

Thread: Interpretation the Trinity is polytheistic

  1. #111
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,262
    Amen (Given)
    5387
    Amen (Received)
    3871
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    So, no more omnipowers?
    He is still in possession of all "omnipowers" as you put it. Nothing logical contradictory with being omniscient, omnipotent or omnipresent and being both fully human and fully divine.

  2. Amen DesertBerean, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
  3. #112
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,262
    Amen (Given)
    5387
    Amen (Received)
    3871
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    He couldn't have been 100% both god and human, that's a logical contradiction. And John 1:47-48 simply says he saw him under the tree, it doesn't say he was beyond eyesight. And if he were omnipresent, he wouldn't be 100% human.
    Until you've actually shown that there's even a seeming logical contradiction between being fully human and fully divine we have no obligation to provide you with an answer to a non-existent problem.

  4. #113
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,380
    Amen (Given)
    2159
    Amen (Received)
    1697
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Until you've actually shown that there's even a seeming logical contradiction between being fully human and fully divine we have no obligation to provide you with an answer to a non-existent problem.
    Being 100% human means you don't have omni powers, being 100% divine means you do have omni powers, therefore it's a logical contradiction to claim you can be both fully human and fully divine.

  5. #114
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,262
    Amen (Given)
    5387
    Amen (Received)
    3871
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Being 100% human means you don't have omni powers, being 100% divine means you do have omni powers, therefore it's a logical contradiction to claim you can be both fully human and fully divine.
    You might find this surprising, but I don't consider you the arbiter of what counts as fully human.

  6. #115
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,380
    Amen (Given)
    2159
    Amen (Received)
    1697
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    You might find this surprising, but I don't consider you the arbiter of what counts as fully human.
    No, I don't find that surprising at all, but that doesn't answer the assertion. I hope you have an answer?

  7. #116
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,262
    Amen (Given)
    5387
    Amen (Received)
    3871
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, I don't find that surprising at all, but that doesn't answer the assertion. I hope you have an answer?
    That post was the answer. You claimed being fully human means you don't have omnipowers, and my answer was simply that you don't get to decide what kind of attributes someone who is fully human is able to have. I'm not going to accept your claim that being human means not having "omnipowers" just because you say so. Merely being fully human would mean that you don't have omnipowers, but it's not clear at all whether that's simply because you're human, or because you're a created being.

  8. #117
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    479
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    That post was the answer. You claimed being fully human means you don't have omnipowers, and my answer was simply that you don't get to decide what kind of attributes someone who is fully human is able to have. I'm not going to accept your claim that being human means not having "omnipowers" just because you say so. Merely being fully human would mean that you don't have omnipowers, but it's not clear at all whether that's simply because you're human, or because you're a created being.
    The Bible decides what a man is and what God is. For example, "God only lives for ever" in 1 Timothy 6:16 and therefore, Jesus CANNOT be fully man being mortal and fully God immortal at the same time when Paul says Jesus died in 1 Corinthians 15:3. This is a contradiction.

  9. #118
    42nd Mojave Year DesertBerean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Barstow, CA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,885
    Amen (Given)
    6024
    Amen (Received)
    2318
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    The Bible decides what a man is and what God is. For example, "God only lives for ever" in 1 Timothy 6:16 and therefore, Jesus CANNOT be fully man being mortal and fully God immortal at the same time when Paul says Jesus died in 1 Corinthians 15:3. This is a contradiction.
    You are deliberately taking 1 Cor 15 out of context. We cannot have a honest discussion.

  10. #119
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,380
    Amen (Given)
    2159
    Amen (Received)
    1697
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    That post was the answer. You claimed being fully human means you don't have omnipowers, and my answer was simply that you don't get to decide what kind of attributes someone who is fully human is able to have. I'm not going to accept your claim that being human means not having "omnipowers" just because you say so. Merely being fully human would mean that you don't have omnipowers, but it's not clear at all whether that's simply because you're human, or because you're a created being.
    Was Jesus a created being? No? Then by your own logic he wasn't fully human. But do continue to try an rationalize the contradiction.

  11. #120
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,262
    Amen (Given)
    5387
    Amen (Received)
    3871
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Was Jesus a created being? No? Then by your own logic he wasn't fully human. But do continue to try an rationalize the contradiction.
    No, by my own logic there's absolutely no contradiction because I made clear distinction between being fully human and being a created being. But if you're going to insist that being created is essential to being human, then that problem is solved by the fact that Jesus' human nature was created at the incarnation.

  12. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •