Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: Interpretation the Trinity is polytheistic

  1. #51
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,223
    Amen (Given)
    824
    Amen (Received)
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Jesus carrying out miracles donot make Jesus God because "Jesus of Nazereth, a MAN approved by SIGNS AND WONDERS God did through him" in Acts 2:22. In addition, while God knows everything in 1John 3:20, Jesus proved that "no one knows that day abd that hour not even the angels in heaven nor the Son BUT ONLY THE FATHER"
    You fail to hear John 1:1-3.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  2. #52
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,223
    Amen (Given)
    824
    Amen (Received)
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Uncaused, Omnipresent, and infinite, yes, but not necessarily a being, sir. That the eternal and infinite is a being is your assumption.


    When you say the caused thing must be "of the uncaused" I would agree. Being of the uncaused means that both the caused and the uncaused are of one and the same substance.


    The caused thing is the same as its cause in the sense that they are both of one and the same substance.
    LOL. We are referring to God. In order to claim He is not God one has to deny that God is God. And the reason I cannot be an atheist is as a Christian I actually know God. Not just me. But every genuine Christian on this board.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  3. #53
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,391
    Amen (Given)
    1902
    Amen (Received)
    1584
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    LOL. We are referring to God. In order to claim He is not God one has to deny that God is God. And the reason I cannot be an atheist is as a Christian I actually know God. Not just me. But every genuine Christian on this board.
    Well, if you are simply going to assume a being i.e. a god, without a logical argument to back the assumption up, then there is no point in debating the issue.

  4. #54
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,391
    Amen (Given)
    1902
    Amen (Received)
    1584
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    You fail to hear John 1:1-3.
    And why doesn't it simply say that in the beginning there was Jesus, and Jesus was with god, and Jesus was god, and all things were made by god? You just can't make sense out of the trinity idea no matter how you slice it, my friend.

  5. #55
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,223
    Amen (Given)
    824
    Amen (Received)
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, if you are simply going to assume a being i.e. a god, without a logical argument to back the assumption up, then there is no point in debating the issue.
    Being means to exist. But God has a definition. Uncaused being self Existent. Add to this actually knowing this God.
    Add to that, God's ancient Hebrew Name can be translated as "self Existent."

    Now my point is genuine Christians actually know God. That being the case, you can know God too.

    But bear in mind, one can not come to believe what one has not heard. And for that matter beelieve something one dos not understand.

    Like I said, you can know God too.

    In the words of Jesus, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." -- John 7:17. Get it, know a teaching that it came from God. But the rub is, you have to hear and understand what that teaching is first.
    Last edited by 37818; 01-14-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  6. #56
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,223
    Amen (Given)
    824
    Amen (Received)
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And why doesn't it simply say that in the beginning there was Jesus, and Jesus was with god, and Jesus was god, and all things were made by god? You just can't make sense out of the trinity idea no matter how you slice it, my friend.
    John 1:1-3 speaks of the Word. John 1:14 identifies this Word becoming flesh, that is, man.
    The Apostle Paul wrote the Colossian Christians, ". . . For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. . . ." -- Colossians 1:16-17.
    Back to what John wrote, John 1:10, " He was in the world, and the world was made by him, . . ."
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  7. #57
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,391
    Amen (Given)
    1902
    Amen (Received)
    1584
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    John 1:1-3 speaks of the Word. John 1:14 identifies this Word becoming flesh, that is, man.
    The Apostle Paul wrote the Colossian Christians, ". . . For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. . . ." -- Colossians 1:16-17.
    Back to what John wrote, John 1:10, " He was in the world, and the world was made by him, . . ."
    I know that John speaks the "word". But why did he associate Jesus with being gods "word" rather than the son or second "person" of the trinity. Could it be the fact that Genesis records god as speaking the universe into existence? There is nothing there in Genesis about the son of god or the illogical idea of a trinity of persons.

  8. #58
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,223
    Amen (Given)
    824
    Amen (Received)
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I know that John speaks the "word". But why did he associate Jesus with being gods "word" rather than the son or second "person" of the trinity. Could it be the fact that Genesis records god as speaking the universe into existence? There is nothing there in Genesis about the son of god or the illogical idea of a trinity of persons.
    What I understand is as to what makes the Son distinct from the Father is the Son is the actor on behalf of the Father. see John 5:18-19.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  9. #59
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    434
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    What I understand is as to what makes the Son distinct from the Father is the Son is the actor on behalf of the Father. see John 5:18-19.
    Neither the Son not the Holy Spirit is equal to the Father because "no one knows that day and that hour not even the angels in heaven nor the Son BUT ONLY THE FATHER" according to Jesus in Matthew 24:36.

  10. #60
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,223
    Amen (Given)
    824
    Amen (Received)
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Neither the Son not the Holy Spirit is equal to the Father because "no one knows that day and that hour not even the angels in heaven nor the Son BUT ONLY THE FATHER" according to Jesus in Matthew 24:36.
    Again, you do not know what you are talking about. Yes, I understand you think you do.

    Jesus explains His deliberate limitation and why, "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power." Acts 1:7.

    They are the very same God, not the same persons. Until you know God, even if you grasp three distinct Persons being the same God, . . .
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •