Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Interpretation the Trinity is polytheistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    I don't think your question is serious but here goes. He brought people back from the dead. Walked on water. Read people's minds. Healed a lot of people (one at a distance). Fed five thousand and (I think?) four thousand.

Oh - and forgave our sins.
    Well then, he wasn't, as Chrawnus claimed, fully human was he? Was Jesus omnipresent?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well then, he wasn't, as Chrawnus claimed, fully human was he? Was Jesus omnipresent?
      Nope, Jesus was both God and man. 100%. As for omnipresence...it seems in John 1:47 - 48 he saw Nathanael under a tree before he met him.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        Nope, Jesus was both God and man. 100%. As for omnipresence...it seems in John 1:47 - 48 he saw Nathanael under a tree before he met him.
        He couldn't have been 100% both god and human, that's a logical contradiction. And John 1:47-48 simply says he saw him under the tree, it doesn't say he was beyond eyesight. And if he were omnipresent, he wouldn't be 100% human.

Comment

He couldn't have been 100% both god and human, that's a logical contradiction.
          No, it's a conundrum. One for which you've been supplied an answer to several times but for which you have chosen to ignore or reject.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            No, it's a conundrum. One for which you've been supplied an answer to several times but for which you have chosen to ignore or reject.
            If I had a logical answer I wouldn't be asking. What's your answer to the conundrum?

Comment

So, no more omnipowers?
              He is still in possession of all "omnipowers" as you put it. Nothing logical contradictory with being omniscient, omnipotent or omnipresent and being both fully human and fully divine.

Comment

He couldn't have been 100% both god and human, that's a logical contradiction. And John 1:47-48 simply says he saw him under the tree, it doesn't say he was beyond eyesight. And if he were omnipresent, he wouldn't be 100% human.
                Until you've actually shown that there's even a seeming logical contradiction between being fully human and fully divine we have no obligation to provide you with an answer to a non-existent problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  Until you've actually shown that there's even a seeming logical contradiction between being fully human and fully divine we have no obligation to provide you with an answer to a non-existent problem.
                  Being 100% human means you don't have omni powers, being 100% divine means you do have omni powers, therefore it's a logical contradiction to claim you can be both fully human and fully divine.

Comment

Being 100% human means you don't have omni powers, being 100% divine means you do have omni powers, therefore it's a logical contradiction to claim you can be both fully human and fully divine.
                    You might find this surprising, but I don't consider you the arbiter of what counts as fully human.

Comment

You might find this surprising, but I don't consider you the arbiter of what counts as fully human.
                      No, I don't find that surprising at all, but that doesn't answer the assertion. I hope you have an answer?

Comment

No, I don't find that surprising at all, but that doesn't answer the assertion. I hope you have an answer?
                        That post was the answer. You claimed being fully human means you don't have omnipowers, and my answer was simply that you don't get to decide what kind of attributes someone who is fully human is able to have. I'm not going to accept your claim that being human means not having "omnipowers" just because you say so. Merely being fully human would mean that you don't have omnipowers, but it's not clear at all whether that's simply because you're human, or because you're a created being.

Comment

That post was the answer. You claimed being fully human means you don't have omnipowers, and my answer was simply that you don't get to decide what kind of attributes someone who is fully human is able to have. I'm not going to accept your claim that being human means not having "omnipowers" just because you say so. Merely being fully human would mean that you don't have omnipowers, but it's not clear at all whether that's simply because you're human, or because you're a created being.
                          The Bible decides what a man is and what God is. For example, "God only lives for ever" in 1 Timothy 6:16 and therefore, Jesus CANNOT be fully man being mortal and fully God immortal at the same time when Paul says Jesus died in 1 Corinthians 15:3. This is a contradiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
                            The Bible decides what a man is and what God is. For example, "God only lives for ever" in 1 Timothy 6:16 and therefore, Jesus CANNOT be fully man being mortal and fully God immortal at the same time when Paul says Jesus died in 1 Corinthians 15:3. This is a contradiction.
                            You are deliberately taking 1 Cor 15 out of context. We cannot have a honest discussion.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Was Jesus a created being? No? Then by your own logic he wasn't fully human. But do continue to try an rationalize the contradiction.

Comment

Was Jesus a created being? No? Then by your own logic he wasn't fully human. But do continue to try an rationalize the contradiction.
                                No, by my own logic there's absolutely no contradiction because I made clear distinction between being fully human and being a created being. But if you're going to insist that being created is essential to being human, then that problem is solved by the fact that Jesus' human nature was created at the incarnation.

Comment