Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 116 of 116

Thread: Interpretation the Trinity is polytheistic

  1. #111
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,071
    Amen (Given)
    5304
    Amen (Received)
    3686
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    So, no more omnipowers?
    He is still in possession of all "omnipowers" as you put it. Nothing logical contradictory with being omniscient, omnipotent or omnipresent and being both fully human and fully divine.

  2. Amen DesertBerean, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
  3. #112
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,071
    Amen (Given)
    5304
    Amen (Received)
    3686
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    He couldn't have been 100% both god and human, that's a logical contradiction. And John 1:47-48 simply says he saw him under the tree, it doesn't say he was beyond eyesight. And if he were omnipresent, he wouldn't be 100% human.
    Until you've actually shown that there's even a seeming logical contradiction between being fully human and fully divine we have no obligation to provide you with an answer to a non-existent problem.

  4. #113
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,325
    Amen (Given)
    2018
    Amen (Received)
    1619
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Until you've actually shown that there's even a seeming logical contradiction between being fully human and fully divine we have no obligation to provide you with an answer to a non-existent problem.
    Being 100% human means you don't have omni powers, being 100% divine means you do have omni powers, therefore it's a logical contradiction to claim you can be both fully human and fully divine.

  5. #114
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,071
    Amen (Given)
    5304
    Amen (Received)
    3686
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Being 100% human means you don't have omni powers, being 100% divine means you do have omni powers, therefore it's a logical contradiction to claim you can be both fully human and fully divine.
    You might find this surprising, but I don't consider you the arbiter of what counts as fully human.

  6. #115
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,325
    Amen (Given)
    2018
    Amen (Received)
    1619
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    You might find this surprising, but I don't consider you the arbiter of what counts as fully human.
    No, I don't find that surprising at all, but that doesn't answer the assertion. I hope you have an answer?

  7. #116
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,071
    Amen (Given)
    5304
    Amen (Received)
    3686
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, I don't find that surprising at all, but that doesn't answer the assertion. I hope you have an answer?
    That post was the answer. You claimed being fully human means you don't have omnipowers, and my answer was simply that you don't get to decide what kind of attributes someone who is fully human is able to have. I'm not going to accept your claim that being human means not having "omnipowers" just because you say so. Merely being fully human would mean that you don't have omnipowers, but it's not clear at all whether that's simply because you're human, or because you're a created being.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •