Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Interpretation the Trinity is polytheistic

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . Jesus Christ is considered God incarnate, and in heaven is seated on the right hand of God.
    Well, Jesus, the son, would be considered one third of god incarnate. I wonder if all three, the father the son and the holy ghost could be incarnate at the same time and could actually speak to one another, human face to human face. Or maybe all 3 could occupy one and the same human body. That'd be wierd. Kinda schizophrenic. Would they still be one god if all 3 persons came down to earth and occupied each a distinct body? Wait a minute, if the trinitarian god, the father, son and the holy ghost, occupied three distinct human bodies, how then could that god be omnipresent? I don't know man, that sure is some strange stuff. I just can't make heads or tails of it.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, Jesus, the son, would be considered one third of god incarnate. I wonder if all three, the father the son and the holy ghost could be incarnate at the same time and could actually speak to one another, human face to human face. Or maybe all 3 could occupy one and the same human body. That'd be wierd. Kinda schizophrenic. Would they still be one god if all 3 persons came down to earth and occupied each a distinct body? Wait a minute, if the trinitarian god, the father, son and the holy ghost, occupied three distinct human bodies, how then could that god be omnipresent? I don't know man, that sure is some strange stuff. I just can't make heads or tails of it.
    You "just can't make heads or tails of it" for the good reason it is utterly contradictory nonsense. Or, as the Church likes to see it, a divine mystery. But it took three centuries to conclude that the one God is a three-in-one deity containing three equally divine “persons”, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    You "just can't make heads or tails of it" for the good reason it is utterly contradictory nonsense. Or, as the Church likes to see it, a divine mystery. But it took three centuries to conclude that the one God is a three-in-one deity containing three equally divine “persons”, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    Personhood and deity are not the same concept. From a prespective of awareness God's awereness is like that of infinite persons not just three of the Biblical three persons.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.