Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Maybe Time for a Declaration of Independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you and those "on your side" have done all they can to change the issues. Time to wipe the dust, brother. What point is there to try to continue beating your head on that wall?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I think you and those "on your side" have done all they can to change the issues. Time to wipe the dust, brother. What point is there to try to continue beating your head on that wall?
      Yeah, they voted to have another meeting in November to "continue the dialogue". WHAT dialogue??????
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, they voted to have another meeting in November to "continue the dialogue". WHAT dialogue??????
        Are they theologians or politicians? Sounds like they are more interested in politics and bureaucracy than in Christ and the actual issues. Mossy is right. Just move on. Let them feel superior at getting rid of the bigots or whatever they will pacify themselves with when you leave.

Comment

This reminds me of youtube atheist saying they want a dialouge only to call you a Edited by a Moderator and repeat the remsberg list debacle.
          Last edited by Cerebrum123; 10-27-2016, 03:24 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

CP, I am eager to hear about today's meeting.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              CP, I am eager to hear about today's meeting.
              http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post381653

One of the Bible Church guys called me a bit ago, and expressed his concern that it simply appears that the more liberal Churches just really don't like "us conservatives", and things were much easier before we started attending.

I had been attending for 4 years, and had been behaving! (with the one exception of expressing my feelings about their ambush of the county commissioners)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sorry to hear how things played out, CP. I think in your shoes, I'd probably be bidding bye-bye to Babylon at this point.
                "The Jesus Christ who saves sinners is the same Christ who beckons his followers to serious use of their minds for serious explorations of the world." - Mark Noll

"It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading." - John Wesley

"Wherever men are still theological, there is still some chance of their being logical." - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by JB DoulosChristou View Post
                  Sorry to hear how things played out, CP. I think in your shoes, I'd probably be bidding bye-bye to Babylon at this point.
                  Yeah, I think a few of my colleagues wanna continue the fight, but I just don't see any reason to continue. I'm drafting an email to them explaining where I'm at, and - like they say on Shark Tank - "and, for that reason, I'm out".

Again, when we hosted National Day of Prayer, NONE of these liberal churches promoted or attended it, and nearly ALL of the conservative churches did. They say they want to 'work together on the things that make a spiritual difference in our community'. What has greater power than prayer?

Comment

It seemed promising what with the president's earlier statements but it sure does seem that it is time to "shake off the dust from your feet" (Matthew 10:14) and move on

They are in effect endorsing among other things that Mohammad is the path to salvation ignoring what Christ unequivocally said ("I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" --John 14:6). If abiding by what Christ incontrovertibly taught is in their eyes "hateful and judgmental" I wonder what else they will quickly toss aside in the name of multiculturalism and political correctness.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      It seemed promising what with the president's earlier statements but it sure does seem that it is time to "shake off the dust from your feet" (Matthew 10:14) and move on

They are in effect endorsing among other things that Mohammad is the path to salvation ignoring what Christ unequivocally said ("I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" --John 14:6). If abiding by what Christ incontrovertibly taught is in their eyes "hateful and judgmental" I wonder what else they will quickly toss aside in the name of multiculturalism and political correctness.
                      I have a feeling some of them got together earlier and saw this as an attack on their 'minister friend', and didn't think about the eternal consequences. They operated in the "personal" rather than the eternal, and it was much easier to see us (the conservative pastors) as attacking their friend than speaking the truth.

I won't be back to any of their meetings, and, I have to admit AGAIN () that my wife was ri... rig.... rrrrr.... not exactly wrong. She had expressed concerns about my friendship with Randy - the president of the association - because she thought he was "too shifty". I HATE it when that happens!

Comment

I have a feeling some of them got together earlier and saw this as an attack on their 'minister friend', and didn't think about the eternal consequences. They operated in the "personal" rather than the eternal, and it was much easier to see us (the conservative pastors) as attacking their friend than speaking the truth.

I won't be back to any of their meetings, and, I have to admit AGAIN () that my wife was ri... rig.... rrrrr.... not exactly wrong. She had expressed concerns about my friendship with Randy - the president of the association - because she thought he was "too shifty". I HATE it when that happens!
                        And Jake told you that he smelled funny.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, yesterday I wrote an email to my conservative colleagues summarizing my thoughts on the meeting.

Mom told me many years ago - if you need to write a "hot letter", go ahead and write it, but hold it for 24 hours, and reread it, and see if you still want to send it.

I took that to heart, even in emails. Today I deleted the draft of the email I wrote yesterday. I guess I was angry.

Comment

So, yesterday I wrote an email to my conservative colleagues summarizing my thoughts on the meeting.

Mom told me many years ago - if you need to write a "hot letter", go ahead and write it, but hold it for 24 hours, and reread it, and see if you still want to send it.

I took that to heart, even in emails. Today I deleted the draft of the email I wrote yesterday. I guess I was angry.
                            Parents generally tend to offer good advice. It just might take a couple years to realize it.

Comment

I do the same thing. Even with some posts on tweb. Many an email or post has gone to limbo after a day of reflection.

Comment

Tomorrow morning, the "Rebel Alliance*" will meet to discuss where we go from here.

*One of my young deacon candidates asked me Sunday Morning, "so what's next for the Rebel Alliance?" I gave him a puzzled look, and he smiled and said "you and the other trouble-maker Pastors".

Comment