Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Maybe Time for a Declaration of Independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, I think that was a grand waste of time. The president of the association, who promised he was impartial and sided with us on the issues, did a little political dance when it appeared the uninformed majority accused one of our Pastors of being "hateful and judgmental". Our guy couldn't have been more diplomatic, and was just trying to "dialogue", like the other side claimed they wanted.

Then, one of the Pastors who advocated "multiple paths to God", made an impassioned plea about how much he loves Jesus and the community, and that Jesus died for all. (it smacked of universalism) One of his buddy pastors stood up and did a drama-queen "I am a sinner - I have sins that would make you blush, and I'm offended that you didn't include me in your characterization......" Wow.... he reminds me of some of the posters on Tweb.

When our guy, who made the opening statement, asked to clarify something later in the meeting, the president gave him a big speech about respecting his position - "I gave you 20 minutes, and I respected your right to speak, and now you're wanting to speak again, and I'm just asking you to respect my....."

Funny thing, though, one of the guys on the other side - one of our African American pastors - was allowed to speak multiple times without even waiting to be called on, and the prez never once asked him to wait, or told him "you've already had an opportunity...."

I am REALLY disappointed in the president and his leadership. I really do think he saw the momentum was on the other side, and he switched sides to be liked by them.

Still processing this.
    I forgot to add....

My son-in-law is the SWAT commander at our local police department. He was at the PD when the new Catholic Priest came straight from the Ministerial Alliance meeting, and for reasons nobody knows, this weenie started babbling about "yeah, the BAPTISTS were trying to tear the Ministerial Alliance apart, but I shut them up". Fact is, this Catholic priest was, indeed, at the meeting, but he SAID NOTHING, and it wasn't even the Baptists speaking -- it was the Bible Church Pastors.

He just flat out LIED.

My ministry coordinator had been at a Catholic funeral a few days earlier, and had told me about the "nutty new priest" at the Catholic Church --- that he actually said that, when we die, we come back as "orbs", and since the deceased (pointing to the casket) hadn't completed their mission on earth, they would have to return and work until they were finished.

I'm telling you -- these guys have lost their ever lovin minds!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good thing you're leaving, Preacher.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Cowpoke you are doing the right thing.

You pray for them but you do not let theme corrupt you. Believe me when I say I can relate. Kind of.
        sigpic

Comment

I forgot to add....

My son-in-law is the SWAT commander at our local police department. He was at the PD when the new Catholic Priest came straight from the Ministerial Alliance meeting, and for reasons nobody knows, this weenie started babbling about "yeah, the BAPTISTS were trying to tear the Ministerial Alliance apart, but I shut them up". Fact is, this Catholic priest was, indeed, at the meeting, but he SAID NOTHING, and it wasn't even the Baptists speaking -- it was the Bible Church Pastors.

He just flat out LIED.

My ministry coordinator had been at a Catholic funeral a few days earlier, and had told me about the "nutty new priest" at the Catholic Church --- that he actually said that, when we die, we come back as "orbs", and since the deceased (pointing to the casket) hadn't completed their mission on earth, they would have to return and work until they were finished.

Would love to see that guy and our TWeb "orb" guy argue about that. It would be entertaining for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Would love to see that guy and our TWeb "orb" guy argue about that. It would be entertaining for sure.
            YEAH! I forgot our own "orb" guy!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I forgot to add....

He just flat out LIED.

The Catholic Priest is SMURF!!!! Remember, he said he was Catholic!

Comment

I forgot to add....

He just flat out LIED.

Even if I fully agreed with the official Catholic line on everything, the permissiveness allowed in practice would make me leery of joining.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  The Catholic Priest is SMURF!!!! Remember, he said he was Catholic!

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

actually smurf said he talked to a Catholic Priest who agreed with him. Maybe THAT is the priest!

Comment

• So, the "Rebel Alliance" met this morning, and it was such a refreshing time. We prayed for each other (what a concept) then compared notes... those of us who were at the last Ministerial Association gave our feedback on that, several who missed that meeting had one-on-one meetings with the Prez of that organization, and a couple of guys had one-on-one meetings or small group meetings with the 'apostate' pastors.

The 'apostate' pastors were reportedly quite angry that they had been called out by the "rebel alliance", and were obviously responding to gossip, rather than fact. One of the 'apostate' pastors claimed that one of our 'rebel' pastors had stated in the pulpit on a Sunday Morning that "there are only 5 churches in this community that are preaching the true gospel", to which the accused pastor responded, "no, I said I know of AT LEAST 5...."

After comparing notes, it was agreed that the last ministerial alliance was a waste of time - they weren't hearing what we were saying - and there's no need on our part to have the special meeting this month to "look at the format of the meeting". They don't get it - it wasn't the "format of the meeting" that was the problem.

So, it's official -- we're not going back, and we will form our own 'Christian pastor's fellowship'. I'm suggesting we go with "The Rebel Alliance". (kidding)

Comment

• "the Remnant"

Comment

• "The 7,000 Club"

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• The Breadbreakers.
                              sigpic

Comment