Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.09.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.09.09

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    From learning, to experiencing, to leaning on God…
    Shalom!

I Watched a video last night where the presenter was discussing how God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit relate with each other and how they together and individually relate to us. At the end of the discussion I found myself convinced that as important as discussions and studies are in helping us understand God and the Trinity, God’s revelation in chapter 55 of Isaiah hits-the-nail-on-the-head, “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8–9, NLT)

I know I’ve said this before and I’ll continue to keep saying it— it is important for us to have a solid foundation built not only on God’s word but also on our knowledge of God’s word because it is within our relationship with God we experience Him first hand in our lives. God gives His promise we can depend and base our lives on His words “It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.” (Isaiah 55:11, NLT)

The Psalmist gives us words of promise gained from his own experience with God, “The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.”” (Psalm 32:8–9, NLT) In addition to the Psalmist the apostle Paul writing to the believers at Philippi wrote about the importance and need to experience God first hand, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6–7, NLT)

And one of the most important verses in the bible to help us in our understanding God is found in chapter 14 of John, “Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?” (John 14:9, NLT) Everything possible for us to understand about God is found in the life of Jesus.

A life spent on knowing and experiencing Jesus is a life spent on knowing and experiencing God!

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X