Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.09.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.09.13

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    The truth about wishes and wants…
    Shalom!

The other day while reading 120 wpm in a 100 wpm zone through the Old Testament Book of Job I hit a pothole did a 360 and smacked careened off Job 6:8, “How I wish that I might have what I ask for and that God would give me what I hope for.” (Job 6:8, NCV) rolled over a couple of times then came to a stop. Upside down. After I crawled out stopped long enough to get my bearings I suddenly realized why many of my prayers had gone unanswered.

God is not in the business of granting wishes! God is in the business of fulfilling hopes! I’ve known for years there’s really no difference between wishes and wants and I’ve also know prayer is NOT a wishing well where you drop a few coins in expecting your wishes to come true. Even though I know all that be to true there are still times when I get confused and rather than accept things as they are put my hope in God’s plan for my life instead I wish things were different. Let me give you an example of what I mean…
    Gary: God, I’ve got 4 completely block coronary arteries and I wish I had a good heart.
    God: You, have a good heart it may not be a perfect heart but I’ll see to it that it remains a good heart, believe, have faith, trust, and depend on me.
    Gary: But LORD I could do so much more with a perfect heart.
    God: You have the heart you need to fulfill the plans I have for your life.

Experience has taught me when it comes to the things we want God is very discretionary not because he doesn’t care but because he does care. However, my argument is: if God does care why doesn’t he give me what I ask for? How can having a good working heart be bad for me? Does that question have a familiar ring to it? It should, we ask enough – If God cares why is there so much tragedy in the world?”

For me or anyone else to answer that question we’d have to be God because only God knows what God knows and living is too complex for our human minds to fully understand how everything works that is why belief, faith, trust, and hope in God are so essential to our lives. But for many if they can’t see it, think it, understand it, compute it, put their hands on it then belief, faith, trust, and hope in God are just words found in the bible not in their lives.

One of the greatest tragedies in the world is that some are unable or refuse to take God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit out of the bible and put them into their lives. For those people the wishes and wants they gather today will be gone tomorrow.

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X