Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The manly talk of our forefathers for all of you filled with Dash-Fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The manly talk of our forefathers for all of you filled with Dash-Fire.

Just looking at this riveting words, it really gets the blood pumping with the expressions of our bygone.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/0...19th-century//

So what fizzing expressions hit your fancy?
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Heave o'er yer bacon, ye scurvy bilge rat!

Comment

I still hear some of these being used upon occasion such as "month of Sundays," "bone box" and "fimble-famble."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When somebody's not a real cowboy, and not quite an "urban cowboy", he's a "goat roper".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Heave o'er yer bacon, ye scurvy bilge rat!
          Only a bunch of fives for you! You scummy barker!

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I still hear some of these being used upon occasion such as "month of Sundays," "bone box" and "fimble-famble."
            Really? Nice to see that some forms of speech don't have this need to be changing all the time. ^^

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            When somebody's not a real cowboy, and not quite an "urban cowboy", he's a "goat roper".
            Funnily enough, here in Guatemala City, very rarely, but still surely, you will see "goat ropers". I am not kidding, one time, I had to stop my car just to let a herd go across the street, heheheh. So yeah, not quite urban cowboys, or as we say here, "Rancheros".

On a somewhat related note, were I to translate your name Cow Poke, you'd be " El Toque Vaquero", and that actually sounds quite classy (Not so much "poke", more like "The Cow's Touch", except vaquero in noun form is vacas, but still comes off sounding like Cowboy in Spanish. Very complicated etymology thing, heheh).
            Last edited by Andius; 03-10-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I haven't heard 'floorer' per se, but the phrase "that really floored me" is one I've heard often enough.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

What's Dash-Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                  I haven't heard 'floorer' per se, but the phrase "that really floored me" is one I've heard often enough.
                  Heh, some phrase relations just don't need change, heheheh.

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                  What's Dash-Fire?
                  Old expression that means vigor and manliness, quite fitting words if I may say so.

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                    Really? Nice to see that some forms of speech don't have this need to be changing all the time. ^^

Funnily enough, here in Guatemala City, very rarely, but still surely, you will see "goat ropers". I am not kidding, one time, I had to stop my car just to let a herd go across the street, heheheh. So yeah, not quite urban cowboys, or as we say here, "Rancheros".

On a somewhat related note, were I to translate your name Cow Poke, you'd be " El Toque Vaquero", and that actually sounds quite classy (Not so much "poke", more like "The Cow's Touch", except vaquero in noun form is vacas, but still comes off sounding like Cowboy in Spanish. Very complicated etymology thing, heheh).
                    Did you call my buddy a "Taco?"

Them's fighten words!!!

He is more like an enchilada!

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                      What's Dash-Fire?
                      Wasn't that when Robyn Williams pretended to be a Nanny, so he could see his kids?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Them's fighten words!!!

He is more like an enchilada!
                        I was thinking more of a breakfast burrito.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Them's fighten words!!!

He is more like an enchilada! mob:
                          Asking for nose-enders are we not??

Ye shall not impugn my honor with false accusations!

Also... an Enchilada? The Cow Poke has always struck me more as a Texas BBQ sort of fella, don't know about an enchilada (unless he has mingled long enough with Mexicans, and regularly anoints in good Tex-Mex eating).

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Wasn't that when Robyn Williams pretended to be a Nanny, so he could see his kids?
                          Huh, I had forgotten about that. Does make me wonder if the producers were awares of that, heheheheh.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I was thinking more of a breakfast burrito.
                          Well... close enough, there are "Huevos Rancheros" Very popular breakfast dish in Mexico and Central America, and surely, any location with a large concentration of said breed of Latinamericans within the United States territories.

Last edited by Andius; 03-12-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X