Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Browser Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Check

Why is it that when I access tweb, a page pops up for a few seconds that says it's doing a browser check?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

We had some issues earlier today and last night that may have been a denial of service attack.... Sparko turned on a filter - cloudfare - than scans you for guns and bombs and sticky things, then lets you aboard.

see here - http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Server-Errors
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It won't let me see the super top secret thread!

Christianbookworm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

It is super annoying - I almost lost a long post because of it. But I get the need.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

It is annoyin'...

Comment

You guys get it too?
            sigpic

Comment

For me it only lasts a few seconds and I have only seen it one time after that, while doing some mod stuff.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It happens every time I come back to tweb or enough time has passed!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  It happens every time I come back to tweb or enough time has passed!
                  This.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Cloudflare obviously thinks you're not that reputable....
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I have it turned off for now. the traffic seems to have slowed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        You guys get it too?
                        I thought it was just my android Chrome browser acting strange. The message was displayed too short to pounder. I haven't been here using my PC with the Firefox browser for a while.
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          It is super annoying - I almost lost a long post because of it. But I get the need.
                          I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Get the Lazarus: Form Recovery app for whatever browser you're using (I don't think they have one for IE/Edge, but should be good for Firefox and Chrome). It occasionally automatically saves what you type into a post, and leaves a small transparent ankh symbol on the top right-hand corner of your post so that if your page errors out, or your browser crashes, you click the ankh and can choose the last thing you typed. It's saved me from major frustration on a number of occasions over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Get the Lazarus: Form Recovery app for whatever browser you're using (I don't think they have one for IE/Edge, but should be good for Firefox and Chrome). It occasionally automatically saves what you type into a post, and leaves a small transparent ankh symbol on the top right-hand corner of your post so that if your page errors out, or your browser crashes, you click the ankh and can choose the last thing you typed. It's saved me from major frustration on a number of occasions over the years.
                            Got it!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Odd, I could have sworn I just posted about that app last night, and how I thought you recommended it a while back.

Comment