Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Browser Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Odd, I could have sworn I just posted about that app last night, and how I thought you recommended it a while back.
    Sparko mentioned it just recently - in the 500 Server error thread.

Oooooops.... not the 500 Server error thread ---- the Climbing TheWall thread...

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    get this add on:

firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...form-recovery/
    chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mgopdkppkifgno

it autosaves everything you type into forms and can recover your lost posts.
    Then you mentioned it again in....

I think there is an app for Google Chrome called Lazarus, or something like that. Saves what you wrote even if the website crashes. I had it a while back, Adrift recommended it. Well, at least I think he recommended it. My memory isn't what it used to be.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 09-14-2016, 09:24 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Odd, I could have sworn I just posted about that app last night, and how I thought you recommended it a while back.
      Oh I missed that post/thread. Glad the word is getting out. I mean, I don't get any money for it or nothin, but when a product works, I like sharing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Get the Lazarus: Form Recovery app for whatever browser you're using (I don't think they have one for IE/Edge, but should be good for Firefox and Chrome). It occasionally automatically saves what you type into a post, and leaves a small transparent ankh symbol on the top right-hand corner of your post so that if your page errors out, or your browser crashes, you click the ankh and can choose the last thing you typed. It's saved me from major frustration on a number of occasions over the years.
        Done! THanks!!!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah I gave them links to it

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Sparko mentioned it just recently - in the 500 Server error thread.

Oooooops.... not the 500 Server error thread ---- the Climbing TheWall thread...

Then you mentioned it again in....
            Oops, wrong thread.

Comment