Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Malaysia Airlines Flight #370

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I didn't hear about that. No wonder they're upset to say the least.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

It looks like the search is closing in maybe just in time to hear the last pings from the black boxes. Pilot suicide is a very strong possibility but he had no intention of ever being found, if so.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        It looks like the search is closing in maybe just in time to hear the last pings from the black boxes. Pilot suicide is a very strong possibility but he had no intention of ever being found, if so.
        Who says pilot suicide is a strong possibility?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Who says pilot suicide is a strong possibility?
          Early days yet but suicide is a definite possibility. Deliberate course changes, no indication of technical problems with the aircraft, avoidance of detection and communication, controlled flight to remote area, police seem to have ruled out the possibility that there was a hijacker on the flight, pilot known to have recent emotional problems over marriage breakdown.

The possibility has been discussed in the British press and PPRUNE.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I still think Bill Whittle's theory is most likely, that it was a hijacker (or possibly one of the pilots, though that's a lot less likely) that wanted to steal the plane and take it to somewhere like Iran, hence the sudden climb to high altitude to kill all the passengers and the switching off of the transponder. However, he failed to take into account that the standard range of this sort of plane is for when it is flying at normal cruising altitude and it is drastically less efficient when flying at close to sea level. So, by flying low to avoid radar detection, they no longer had enough range to reach their destination and ran out of fuel over the Indian Ocean.
            Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM.
            --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Early days yet but suicide is a definite possibility. Deliberate course changes, no indication of technical problems with the aircraft, avoidance of detection and communication, controlled flight to remote area, police seem to have ruled out the possibility that there was a hijacker on the flight, pilot known to have recent emotional problems over marriage breakdown.

The possibility has been discussed in the British press and PPRUNE.
              Yeah, it's been discussed, but largely dismissed. If he REALLY wanted to commit suicide, why fly all over the ocean for HOURS, instead of just nose-diving into the sea?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yeah, it's been discussed, but largely dismissed. If he REALLY wanted to commit suicide, why fly all over the ocean for HOURS, instead of just nose-diving into the sea?
                Because he didn’t want anyone to know; he just wanted to disappear. If this is correct, and I am not saying it is, he went out of his way to ensure that he would never be discovered. It is quite possible that he would not know that a device was still sending ‘handshakes’ to a satellite if he thought it was switched off.
                http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comm...408-zqs8w.html

Comment

Anything new here?

Comment

No news.

Comment

Still missing.

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't found it by now.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Interesting article...

What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane

At that moment, the airplane should have been landing in Beijing. The search for it was initially concentrated in the South China Sea, between Malaysia and Vietnam. It was an international effort by 34 ships and 28 aircraft from seven different countries. But MH370 was nowhere near there. Within a matter of days, primary-radar records salvaged from air-traffic-control computers, and partially corroborated by secret Malaysian air-force data, revealed that as soon as MH370 disappeared from secondary radar, it turned sharply to the southwest, flew back across the Malay Peninsula, and banked around the island of Penang. From there it flew northwest up the Strait of Malacca and out across the Andaman Sea, where it faded beyond radar range into obscurity. That part of the flight took more than an hour to accomplish and suggested that this was not a standard case of a hijacking. Nor was it like an accident or pilot-suicide scenario that anyone had encountered before. From the start, MH370 was leading investigators in unexplored directions.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear that the plane was deliberately taken off course by someone who at least knew enough about Boeing 777 operation to disable the tracking systems and keep the plane in the air for six-hours. Who that person was, and what their motives were will almost certainly remain a mystery.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I think it's pretty clear that the plane was deliberately taken off course by someone who at least knew enough about Boeing 777 operation to disable the tracking systems and keep the plane in the air for six-hours. Who that person was, and what their motives were will almost certainly remain a mystery.
                              The article CP posted has a reasonable hypothesis regarding that, IMO.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                It was Trump, duh.

Comment