Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Steak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medium rare to medium well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      Filet migon is great but it is rather expensive. Sirloin you can do a lot with. Kobe melts in your mouth.
      That's why I vacillate between Filets and Ribeyes. I get more steak with Ribeyes. And yes Kobe steaks are incredibly tender.

Awhile back there was a steakhouse only half a mile from my place called Ernie's where the steaks were so tender that you could cut through them with just a fork and using little effort at all.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Steakhouses to me are an odd case bexause of where I live.
        Ne and my geandparents used to go to this one place local place but the service got bad put of nowhere.
        Japanese habachi places are good.
        Most chains that do steak are ok.
        sigpic

Comment

My best friend has what you can call questionable taste. For him good pizza means Little Caesars. Good Mexican food means Taco Bell. And good steak means Ryan's (a budget steakhouse).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ribeye rare with mashed potatoes and a full-bodied Châteauneuf-du-Pape. I used to be a cook in a steakhouse, and all the cooks used to have an on-going contest on who could eat the rarest steak until one guy (Albert), finally ate a 16-oz top sirloin completely raw. The owners of the steakhouse had a secret seasoning that they mixed and kept locked in their office. Every few years I go back home and they give me a few pounds of it to tide me over until my next visit.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
              Ribeye rare with mashed potatoes and a full-bodied Châteauneuf-du-Pape. I used to be a cook in a steakhouse, and all the cooks used to have an on-going contest on who could eat the rarest steak until one guy (Albert), finally ate a 16-oz top sirloin completely raw. The owners of the steakhouse had a secret seasoning that they mixed and kept locked in their office. Every few years I go back home and they give me a few pounds of it to tide me over until my next visit.
              So, are you of the "only turn the steak one time" school?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So, are you of the "only turn the steak one time" school?
                No, not necessarily. Usually I like the grill marks to intersect in squares, especially for people who do not want their steak rare. If the steak is thick enough, I will also do that when cooking it rare.
                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

No, not necessarily. Usually I like the grill marks to intersect in squares, especially for people who do not want their steak rare. If the steak is thick enough, I will also do that when cooking it rare.
                  I knowed you was gonna say that!

diamond-grill-marks.jpg
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Brocolli and baked potato with my steak.
                    Replace the broccoli with grilled asparagus. Wrapped in bacon of course.

Comment

I used to eat raw meat, but I have stopped doing that.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

my doctor told me to eat more protein. steak is protein. I like my doctor.

Comment

I can do raw fish. Not raw meat.
                          sigpic

Comment

Medium rare to medium well.
                            Nah, gotta be well done! 9 oz filet mignon!
                            When I Survey....

Comment

I like a Ribeye, but I find I can make a delicious and inexpensive cut of Top Sirloin into, "Melt-In-The-Mouth," goodness with just some salt and pepper.
                              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                I used to eat raw meat, but I have stopped doing that.
                                Steak tartare?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X