Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Steak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Steak tartare?
    Now I prefer my steak rare.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      Ribeye rare with mashed potatoes and a full-bodied Châteauneuf-du-Pape. I used to be a cook in a steakhouse, and all the cooks used to have an on-going contest on who could eat the rarest steak until one guy (Albert), finally ate a 16-oz top sirloin completely raw. The owners of the steakhouse had a secret seasoning that they mixed and kept locked in their office. Every few years I go back home and they give me a few pounds of it to tide me over until my next visit.
      Oh my goodness, I forgot to mention mushrooms!

Correction: Ribeye rare with mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and a full-bodied Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Ribeye's are by far the most flavorful cut of steak because of the more extensive marbling. I also much prefer thicker cuts because that allows the center to be red and cold while still having a variety of more cooked flavors in the outer portions. Some of the flavor comes from the grilling, from the cooking of the marbling and the juices of the fat. The cooking and these juices also better absorb the effects of the seasoning. This is why a rare thick steak is so much better than merely eating a raw steak. Steak tartar typically includes so many other ingredients because raw meat by itself is just not that good in the opinion of most people, cannibals excluded.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Now I prefer my steak rare.
        Like, less than once a month? Less than once a year?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My brother grills an excellent steak but tends to serve them on paper plates which absorbs a good bit of their juices.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I remember this one place I would go to served the steak in the skillet. It was delicious.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Like, less than once a month? Less than once a year?
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I like my steak medium to medium-rare.

and in my belly.
                giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Comment

A nice thick ribeye, grilled to medium, is where it's at. I like to experiment with seasonings, but the standard salt, pepper, and garlic is awesome. Don't forget to slap a dollop of butter on it, too....hmmm. Now I'm wondering where the nearest steakhouse is...
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                    A nice thick ribeye, grilled to medium, is where it's at. I like to experiment with seasonings, but the standard salt, pepper, and garlic is awesome. Don't forget to slap a dollop of butter on it, too....hmmm. Now I'm wondering where the nearest steakhouse is...
                    Just a dollop?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As far as the big chains go, Texas Road house actually is pretty good.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        But only the ones that still let you throw peanut shells on the floor.

Comment

Steak is wonderful, but I am off to eat some pot roast now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Steak is wonderful, but I am off to eat some pot roast now.
                            Tough to bacon wrap a pot roast.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I went to school with the daughter of one of the founders. At many school events there would be food from Texas Roadhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                I went to school with the daughter of one of the founders. At many school events there would be food from Texas Roadhouse.
                                We got "surfo-paddies" and stewed tomatoes.

The stuff was so wretched that a full on food riot started one day.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X