Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Steak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Tough to bacon wrap a pot roast.
    Why would you do that with perfectly good bacon. Just fry it up and eat it.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Why would you do that with perfectly good bacon. Just fry it up and eat it.
      Ever have a bacon wrapped filet?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Never just one.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, I eat the two separately.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

We got "surfo-paddies" and stewed tomatoes.

The stuff was so wretched that a full on food riot started one day.
            What in the world are "surfo-paddies"? The name even sounds horrible.
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
              What in the world are "surfo-paddies"? The name even sounds horrible.
              Supposedly parts of fish processed into paddy form. They tasted horrible. When our Junior High started serving them every week the students rebelled absolutely trashing the cafeteria. Afterwards the school dropped it from the menu.

The very fact that there was no disciplinary action taken always seemed suspicious to me. Like the school didn't want anyone actually investigating the matter and finding out what was being served.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

School lunches in general are terrible. They wre not fresh. They are not tasty. They are not even cooked just reheated.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  School lunches in general are terrible. They wre not fresh. They are not tasty. They are not even cooked just reheated.
                  our school served hamburgers where the patties were kept in containers of grease under heat lamps. Then they would pull out a patty and slap it on a bun. By the time you sat down to eat, the fat had soaked into the bun and solidified. yum. Not even sure if it was real meat either.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    Our school lunches were great. In high school, the "lunch lady" was a member of our Church, and she thought I was cute, so I always got extra of whatever I wanted. Friday was Pizza and Fries - and they had some of the best french fries I've ever had in my life.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Our school lunches were great. In high school, the "lunch lady" was a member of our Church, and she thought I was cute, so I always got extra of whatever I wanted. Friday was Pizza and Fries - and they had some of the best french fries I've ever had in my life.
                      Our lunches in Elementary school weren't bad, in fact the garlic bread we got with spaghetti was some of the best I ever had. Then I moved to Georgia where the schools were surrounded with barbwire fences designed to keep people in and not intruders out. I kinda felt that was a bad sign

Comment

argh. I remember school "Pizza" Square pieces of limp cold pizza with that nasty sausage on it. - served with nasty green beans and cold chewy french fries.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          argh. I remember school "Pizza" Square pieces of limp cold pizza with that nasty sausage on it. - served with nasty green beans and cold chewy french fries.
                          Ours were rectangular, but they had good pepperoni on them. Only thing the school served that I actually liked. Fortunately we mostly brought our lunches to school.

Comment

Much of the same.
                            We had these "chicken" sandwhiches. They tasted like cardboard and gristle.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Our school pizza was home-made on big cookie sheets - it was really awesome! The fries were always hot and fresh, and I was so glad I wasn't a Catholic, cause I got to choose the pepperoni pizza instead of the "plain".

Comment

Our school pizza was home-made on big cookie sheets - it was really awesome! The fries were always hot and fresh, and I was so glad I wasn't a Catholic, cause I got to choose the pepperoni pizza instead of the "plain".
                                Must have been served on Friday

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X