Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers

Source: Breitbart

‘We Got Played!’ CNN Reacts To Trump ‘Birther’ Troll Press Conference

Top CNN employees are frustrated. They breathlessly went live to Donald Trump’s news conference at his new hotel in Washington D.C., only to wait helplessly as veterans stood up to explain why they support Trump as commander-in-chief.

“It’s hard to imagine this as anything other than a political rick-roll,” anchor Jake Tapper said wryly as CNN cut away from the broadcast of the Trump event and asked him to comment.

The Trump campaign signaled that the Republican presidential nominee would address the birther controversy, but the first 20 minutes of the event featured veterans telling the media why they supported Trump.

CNN eventually cut away from the event – even as veterans continued to speak, as anchors griped that the event was not what they thought it was. But they were forced to return to Trump just minutes later as he made a short definitive statement that he believed that Obama was born in the United States.

“I really don’t quite know what to make of that except for that we got played again by the Trump campaign which is what they do,” said John King afterward, pointing out that Trump tricked them into covering a live event.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...birther-troll/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Meanwhile, Hillary impotently fumes...

Hillary Clinton reacted angrily to Donald Trump’s press conference with military veterans on Friday, calling his actions “disgraceful.”

“Trump’s actions today were disgraceful,” Clinton said in a statement. “After five years of pushing a racist conspiracy theory into the mainstream, it was appalling to watch Trump appoint himself the judge of whether the President of the United States is American.”

The Trump campaign said that Republican presidential nominee would address questions about the President Obama “birther” storyline at the campaign event, but he waited until his veterans supporters finished speaking before making a statement.

“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period,” Trump said. “Now we all want to get back to making America strong and great again.”

But Clinton was not pleased by Trump’s handling of the situation.

“This sickening display shows more than ever why Donald Trump is totally unfit be president,” she said.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...e-disgraceful/

Comment

so she gets mad if Trump says Obama wasn't born in the USA and gets mad if he says he WAS born in the USA.

I guess she is just mad. as a hatter.

Comment

"Bait-and-switch" isn't playing chess to the media's checkers, it's just a classic con from a well-known con-man
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Like I said elsewhere...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You can't make this up....

Obama brushes off birther questions, says election is about ‘more important issues’...

“We got other things to attend to,” Mr. Obama said while taking questions from the press after a meeting on promoting his Pacific free trade deal. “I was pretty confident about where I was born. I think most people were as well. My hope would be the presidential elect, election reflects more serious issues than that.”

So what is Hillary talking about? The birther issue. Apparently, she didn't get Obama's memo.
          Hillary's trying to make a big issue of this, Obama says “We got other things to attend to...”
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            so she gets mad if Trump says Obama wasn't born in the USA and gets mad if he says he WAS born in the USA.

Given that the whole birther narrative originated in her camp....
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It's obvious Hillary's team wrote the response before even seeing the press conference, because she referred to a campaign event featuring veterans as "disgraceful".

Comment

He is playing this for all it's worth! A visual from his rally in Florida tonight.

38769C2300000578-3793718-image-a-3_1474068209967.jpg
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I bet I could beat Donald Trump at chess.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                    "Bait-and-switch" isn't playing chess to the media's checkers, it's just a classic con from a well-known con-man
                    Manipulating media got outplayed real bad!!
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      I think this is the best part: the impotent tears of rage from the anti-Trump brigade.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                        Manipulating media got outplayed real bad!!
                        Yep... And they're mad because Trump denied them the opportunity to establish the narrative. Trump made the story about what HE wanted and not what THEY wanted.

"How dare he! WE'RE the gatekeepers of information!"

Of course the question has to be asked: would they have cut away from Hillary under similar circumstances? I kinda doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Of course the question has to be asked: would they have cut away from Hillary under similar circumstances? I kinda doubt it.
                          Nah, one word from her and shills rush to fawn like usual!!

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

"What's your favorite TV show? Have you watched MADAM SECRETARY? Do you enjoy it?"

(Actual questions from a recent press gathering.)

Comment

Boy, Trump refusing to bow to the media really has them tied up in knots!

Donald Trump’s latest slap at the media was apparently too much for CNN’s Ashleigh Banfield and Dylan Byers to take. While reporting Trump’s ribbing the two insisted that undermining the media is both turning the U.S. into Saddam Hussein’s Iraq and somehow destroying democracy.

Banfield played a clip of Trump’s September 14 rally in New Hampshire where the GOP nominee joked that the press was stuck on a plane. From the dais Trump told the crowd, “I have really good news for you, I just heard that the press is stuck on their airplane, they can’t get here. I love it.”

Trump then informed his audience the press wanted him to delay the start of the rally so they had time to get to the venue. Naturally he refused to put off the rally just to satisfy the press.

[...]

Sporting a look of concern, Banfield gazed into the camera and asked plaintively, “Why so much cheering?” She then said of the excited Trump supporters heard on the video clip, “Do people not realize, or are they forgetting the other critical element of it, either you have a media, or you have what I witnessed in Saddam’s era, and the Libyan’s era, where you never got to actually call yourself press or you’d go to jail for it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ing-democracy/

It reminds me of the used car salesman who put up a banner saying, "Don't let the competition rip you off! Come to us instead!"

Comment