Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimL!!!!!! Your DEMS NEED YOU!!!!

Maybe you can give them a pep talk and convince them that ALL the polls are wrong, Hillary is the Vigorously Healthy Virtuous Woman who always tells the truth, Trump's Supporters will all be at a KKK Meeting on Election Day and won't vote, and Hillary can sail in on the Calm Seas that Obama healed!

Source: NYTimes

Could Mrs. Clinton actually blow this?

© Copyright Original Source

Oh, and you GOTTA see this... (bolding mine)

Source: NYTimes

Gloria Steinem, the feminist leader and a Clinton supporter, said in an email that she had sensed a growing worry in recent weeks

"Media Evenhandedness"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow, you know things are screwed up when "media evenhandedness" is considered a bad thing.

Even though every reasonable person knows the media is in the tank for Trump. Their real problem is that Trump is successfully staying on message, and the media can't figure out a how to use his own words against him. You know they were licking their chops over his recent "birther" press conference, expecting him to say something, anything that could be taken out of context to beat him over the head with, but he turned the tables on them, and all they can do is whine about how they had been "played". The manipulative media was manipulated. Poor babies.

So now they're just blatantly twisting his words and not even trying to be subtle about it:

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...rm-bodyguards/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Boy, Trump refusing to bow to the media really has them tied up in knots!

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ing-democracy/

It reminds me of the used car salesman who put up a banner saying, "Don't let the competition rip you off! Come to us instead!"
        apparently there was media there or she wouldn't have had the clip of him dissing the press.

Comment

I sort of understand the media 'evenhandedness'. During the brexit referendum news outlets reported both sides of the story on an equal footing (which by itself is a good thing). However, they made little attempts to actually fact check the information coming out of both campaigns.

So, when one side said something that was either blatantly untrue, or otherwise politically impossible, this wasn't pointed out by the media reporting it, in an effort to 'give both sides an equal say'

This had the result that voters thought these untrue or impossible reports were true- and voted accordingly.

Result? Brexit. And then every single statement made by the brexit campaign was quickly dropped within days of the vote.

So evenhandedness is good in the sense that facts should be reported evenly by both candidates- bad when statements or promises made by said candidates aren't checked or their impossibility not mentioned in said reports due to said evenhandedness.

Comment

Yeah, but calling our media's treatment of Trump and Hillary "evenhanded" is a joke. I mean, they ask Trump questions like, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" while Hillary gets, "What's your favorite color?"

Comment

Wow, you know things are screwed up when "media evenhandedness" is considered a bad thing.

Even though every reasonable person knows the media is in the tank for Trump.
              Meant to say they're "in the tank for Hillary."

Comment

I think this is the best part: the impotent tears of rage from the anti-Trump brigade.
                Where do you get that from a shru--

I see what you did there. Nice try.
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

I just chalked it up to sarcasm.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Even though the media is in the tank for Trump
                    Thats what we call a Freudian slip MM. Of course the only media you follow is in the tank for Trump, so the slip is understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Thats what we call a Freudian slip MM. Of course the only media you follow is in the tank for Trump, so the slip is understandable.
                      Yes Jimmy because we all know that you're the best source for psychology information.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I bet I could beat Donald Trump at chess.
                        I'd be surprised if Trump knew the actual rules of Chess and could list them.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Yes Jimmy because we all know that you're the best source for psychology information.
                          Well thank you Lilpix.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Well thank you Lilpix.
                            If your mind reading powers are on par with your sarcasm detector; I would suggest on staying away from making a psychology diagnosis of any kind.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I don't think he's an idiot so much as being a showman. Anyway I found this rather amusing that you might enjoy:

https://www.chess.com/article/view/c...-johnson-stein

That is a pretty funny chess related parody right there.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Meh, you don't have to know or understand the rules to get the concept.

Comment