Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Yeah, Again. God Loves Me but the Universe has Other Ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Again. God Loves Me but the Universe has Other Ideas...

My rent is (as of yesterday) six days late. Yes, DAYS. I had to make car payments back to back with my last two paychecks and the last one was short, anyway. I get paid Thursday and was intending to pay it then. I did try to talk to the landlord (probably not as hard as I should have :sigh) and did text him - but he never gave me a physical address or email and the phone is messed up (still - although that's getting resolved).

Last night I came home to an eviction notice.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Thanks, everyone.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, yeah, i should update this...

Got the second notice - but not from the court yet.

I was supposed to see a lawyer Thursday so I held off until then (two days). For the record, I made TWO payments, as I was supposed to, on the car this month. So Wednesday - despite the fact that I had made the payments on time and everything, they took the car. So Thursday, I got the car back instead of seeing the lawyer (I will reschedule tomorrow) which wiped out my down payment for the new, new, new place.

On the bright side, there isn't much left 'over due' (technically, there wouldn't be any if they'd kept the agreement and I'd paid the same amount) so we have anew new agreement and once I get the house problem dealt with, I'll make an extra payment to eliminate that. On the not bright side, in two months I've paid over $1900 on the car ($1500 personally and the rest I have to pay back, preferably soon!) which was what caused the problem with my rent in the first place. It would have been tight but if I could have just made the single car payments I could have managed - but instead that was most of my income for the last two months.

So I'll put most of my next pay check aside and hopefully make a down payment on something. I have a call to make about a place but I want to wait until Wednesday so if I see it Thursday I can actually do something.

In the meantime, I've put in several applications for part time jobs - no luck so far. I will do a few more during the week and hit it hard Saturday when I have the most time.

In other news, I won a hat Friday. I've sold a few scarves - one to be paid Wednesday. And Boots is putting on weight like crazy!

I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm learning a lot about the relational nature of Christianity.

And what I've always known - God is good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Thanks, CBW

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I saw God is Not Dead, 2 tonight.

God is good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  I saw God is Not Dead, 2 tonight.

God is good!
                  But was the movie good as well?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, actually, it was.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, saw lawyer Tuesday. He recommended bankruptcy - no surprise there. They referred me to a private attorney but all I have to pay is the filing - they pay the attorney.

And it turns out the last repo was a blessing - I have to be current to keep the car and because of that, I'm very close.

God is good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Um...they pay the attorney but you pay the filing. How does that work? Is this a foundation or something?
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

It's a legal aid foundation, yes.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment