Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I pray for patience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a dispensationalist. I believe that God has not ceased with dealing with Israel.

I believe that the sign gifts ended with the new testament age. I don't believe that GOD has stopped doing miracles, just that men have stopped.

I think that Paul is terrific.

I have no idea who the Grace Ambassadors are.

So, am I one?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I am a dispensationalist. I believe that God has not ceased with dealing with Israel.
      I lean that way myself, but I've seen some convincing arguments for certain aspects of preterism.

I believe that the sign gifts ended with the new testament age. I don't believe that GOD has stopped doing miracles, just that men have stopped.
      You mean like the speaking in tongues at Pentecost? While I haven't personally experienced such, I don't discount them, especially in places where Christianity has little influence. These guys believe all miraculous intervention by God has stopped.

I think that Paul is terrific.
      Oops, left out the "to the exclusion Peter". Probably shouldn't be posting when I'm as tired as I am today.

I have no idea who the Grace Ambassadors are.

So, am I one?
      No, you're not. They are a small cult group. IIRC they preach "grace and faith" to the exclusion of works. The kind of faith that the Bible declares "dead". I'm pretty sure they also discount James due to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I lean that way myself, but I've seen some convincing arguments for certain aspects of preterism.
        Ok. I, on the other hand, do not.

You mean like the speaking in tongues at Pentecost? While I haven't personally experienced such, I don't discount them, especially in places where Christianity has little influence. These guys believe all miraculous intervention by God has stopped.
        Yes, I mean like the sign gifts we are told about in the NT. If tongues, for example exists today then it must be in the form it was in Acts, a known language that is understood by the hearers, and not gibberish as it is used today. And I have no doubt that God's hand still works miracles without humans being the medium.

Oops, left out the "to the exclusion Peter". Probably shouldn't be posting when I'm as tired as I am today.
        Thanks for the clarification.

No, you're not. They are a small cult group. IIRC they preach "grace and faith" to the exclusion of works. The kind of faith that the Bible declares "dead". I'm pretty sure they also discount James due to that.
        Last edited by mossrose; 09-18-2016, 04:14 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I see it that many things have not been done yet. Namely
          The reserection.
          Judgement
          The creation of a new heaven and earth.
          I dont know enough to talk about preterism or ant of that. I just know the lord will come. It could be in 2 minutes or 2 years. It will happen. We can not know the time.
          sigpic

Comment

Watch out for the "Grace Ambassadors" as well. An extreme focus on dispensationalism, a total rejection of miracles, and IIRC a lot of emphasis placed on Paul.
            Just a few things to clarify this post. They believe in something called Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensationalism. They basically believe that anything written before a certain point in the book of Acts does not apply to them. They state they do not believe the Great Commission applies to them! They are against baptism. They believe that all miracles stopped either at the finishing of the New Testament, or shortly after IIRC.

Comment

Just a few things to clarify this post. They believe in something called Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensationalism. They basically believe that anything written before a certain point in the book of Acts does not apply to them. They state they do not believe the Great Commission applies to them! They are against baptism. They believe that all miracles stopped either at the finishing of the New Testament, or shortly after IIRC.
              They sound loony.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                They sound loony.
                Well, cults are loony, and these guys are a cult group. What I gave was just a little bit of their nuttiness.

Comment

Ever since learning about Charles Manson I have found that cults are terrifying.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    Ever since learning about Charles Manson I have found that cults are terrifying.
                    One red flag is if they don't like questions. If they think any questions/reasoning is bad/sinful/of the devil/etc. that is not a good sign. The truth is not afraid of questions.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

My grandparents would say that you were right on the money bookworm. Same thing they told me.
                      sigpic

Comment