Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Praise to the Lord.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise to the Lord.

After many months of struggle, temptation, and prayer I believe that through the power of the spirit I have finally overcome lust.

Thank you lord. Your patienceand mercy is overflowing and never ending.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    After many months of struggle, temptation, and prayer I believe that through the power of the spirit I have finally overcome lust.

Thank you lord. Your patienceand mercy is overflowing and never ending.
    God has given you the means but that one really has a way of resurfacing when you least expect it. Be careful.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I will be.
      I have been dealing with that particular sin for five years now.
      It is persistant. Like a weed. It hides as natural libido and then it strikes.
      sigpic

Comment

It is amazing, in the morning I'm genuinely and deeply repentant. Full of pure resolve. By night time a legion of lusts plague my thoughts and I'm only to willing to bite.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Seer I know that feeling. Opposite times of day though
          sigpic

Comment

Seer I know that feeling. Opposite times of day though
            My only point is that things can change on a dime, we need to be watchful.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yeah I have noticed. I'm kinda curious now why do some things not tempt me at all, but they can be massive stumbling blocks to others?
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I have noticed. I'm kinda curious now why do some things not tempt me at all, but they can be massive stumbling blocks to others?
                because we each have our own crosses to bear.

Comment

Makes sense.
                  You know that teaching gains a whole lot of context when you look up just what crucifixion entailed.
                  sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X